Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe

Re: Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I like Wolfe, he'd be a tricky signing though as the physical, wherever and by whoever will be extremely important due to his injury history.
    Maybe this is a 1 year deal with more years/money pendng passing a physical down the road.

Re: Derek Wolfe joining Ravens

So wait why don't we just use the money saved from going from Brockers to Wolfe to just resign Brandon Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    So wait why don't we just use the money saved from going from Brockers to Wolfe to just resign Brandon Carr.
    Don’t know but bigger fish to fry like linebacker and offensive line. WR is always a need too.

Smith, Jimmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Re: Derek Wolfe joining Ravens

Because DL is a greater need! Also, EDC may not be finished yet before the Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I doubt the odds of taking an IDL early changed much before we signed Brockers, after we signed Brockers, after we lost Brockers, and now that we’ve signed Wolfe.

I don’t think we were guaranteed to take one even if we didn’t sign Wolfe, but I also certainly doubt bringing in an injury-plagued 30 year old on a cheap one year deal will preclude us from doing so.
    Brockers was a big piece. If they lost him and all the other respectable iDL signed already there was a very good chance they were taking iDL early.

Wolfe doesn't take that off the table by any stretch but the burden to reach for need there is significantly lower.

The comp pick formula will likely keep them from going after UFAs which decreases the potential signings pool. The amount that the Ravens play dime and nickel, I don't think it hurts just to bring the band back together and play more dime again instead of forcing a ILB in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    c'man, Wormley to me is like the Mendoza line in baseball. For those who are too young, or don't know what it means, it is "The Mendoza Line is an expression in baseball deriving from the name of shortstop Mario Mendoza, whose poor batting average is taken to define the threshold of incompetent hitting."

... Bc
    Current fans know this as the "Chris Davis line."

9. Re: Derek Wolfe

Hell yeah, gimme Derek Wolfe for 1 year 6 mil all day over Brockers for 3 years/30mil
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Current fans know this as the "Chris Davis line."
    Chris Davis aspires to the Mendoza Line.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Chris Davis was killing it in spring training it was going to be his comeback year!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Don’t know but bigger fish to fry like linebacker and offensive line. WR is always a need too.
    There aren’t really any WRs left but man... I liked the Brockers deal more than many here, but without that projected money on the books we could’ve topped New Orleans’s offer for Emmanuel Sanders and still signed Wolfe. Sanders would’ve been so perfect here.