Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe

Re: Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Anybody notice how many Broncos fans are coming out of the woodwork to celebrate and thank Wolfe? I feel like Rams fans barely even cared about Brockers leaving.

While Brockers is the better player there is something to be said for the types of players who are celebrated like Wolfe is being. Those guys typically click really well in our fanbase. I'm sure some of that just comes down to the Rams only having bandwagon fans as well but I definitely noticed the difference.
    Brockers does the dirty work for that defense, and played the first four years of his Rams career in St Louis. Rams *players* were really upset about Brockers leaving. Not that engaging with the fanbase is insignificant but that matters more to me. Both Brockers and Wolfe seemed to have been very well respected in their locker rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Anybody notice how many Broncos fans are coming out of the woodwork to celebrate and thank Wolfe? I feel like Rams fans barely even cared about Brockers leaving.

While Brockers is the better player there is something to be said for the types of players who are celebrated like Wolfe is being. Those guys typically click really well in our fanbase. I'm sure some of that just comes down to the Rams only having bandwagon fans as well but I definitely noticed the difference.
    Everyone pretty much acknowledges that Tony Jefferson is a heck of a swell guy, but was a disappointment as a player. Not sure what any of this means.

LA hardly cares about the rams

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    1h
    Derek Wolfe said when he heard the Brockers' deal fell through w/Ravens, he called his agent and asked him to make it happen with Ravens. Wolfe said he didn't care about the $$. He wanted to be in Baltimore.

----

Nice. Those are the kind of guys you want.

If you scroll down a ways, there is also this:

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    1h
    Wolfe said he ate breakfast with Joe Flacco every morning last season and Flacco always told him how great the Ravens organization was.

The whole Zoom presser by Wolfe was incredible. You can't watch this guy talk without believing he was meant to be a Raven. 1. Didn't care about the money, just wanted to be a Raven, 2. Hopes the Ravens will offer a long term deal when they see him play. 3. Thinks the Ravens now have the best DL in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The whole Zoom presser by Wolfe was incredible. You can't watch this guy talk without believing he was meant to be a Raven. 1. Didn't care about the money, just wanted to be a Raven, 2. Hopes the Ravens will offer a long term deal when they see him play. 3. Thinks the Ravens now have the best DL in the league.
    Love this kind of thing. We've got a growing list of guys playing for less to play here.

Corvus Invictus Eternus

Yeah pretty hard not to like Wolfe immediately, talk about saying all the right things. He should run for office.

Yeah this dude is fucking awesome

Just gotta hope Wolfe, Campbell, and Williams stay on the field. I hope we invest a day 1-3 pick on the D-line which I'm sure we will, because our entire starting DLine is over 30 years old.

Wolfe is an AFC guy....that's a big plus. He has already played against KC a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Wolfe is very well loved and respected out here in CO. He was one of the few voices that told it like it was once the Broncos started falling apart once Peyton retired. Called guys out for being selfish or not giving everything they had on the field. My only concern is hopefully he can stay healthy for the bulk of the season(whatever that may look like).

As far as what G54377 said, I actually think the DL will get addressed LATER in the draft. If there is one thing the Ravens have shown the ability to do, it is to find DLs late or even undrafted. Plus, I think folks are either forgetting or not expecting growth from Mack and Ferguson but I think both are going to have a big impact this coming year.