Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Wolfe

Re: Derek Wolfe joining Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by charmcityraven View Post
    Some of you didn't think Eric would get this. Take that...
    Who???

Everyone here thinks DeCosta is a straight gangsta.

Re: Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I get the appeal of the conspiracy here, but if the Ravens say they didn’t sign a guy because they were worried about potential long term effects of an ankle injury, and that guy has showed the long term effects of an ankle injury, I feel like Occam’s razor can take it from there.
    When a deal gets voided because they claim they worry a guy won’t be physically right moving forward, and then that turns out to be the case, it seems pretty reasonable to just accept that the team was telling the truth.

The idea that Ozzie Newsome decided to make a classless, bad-faith move because he got buyers remorse in a matter of two days, and then coincidentally the excuse he made up to justify doing so proved true, just doesn’t seem realistic to me.
    These, 100%.

The Ravens rep for treating players well and negotiating in good faith is worth far, FAR more than the paltry amount of the contract they gave (offered?) Ryan Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    These, 100%.

The Ravens rep for treating players well and negotiating in good faith is worth far, FAR more than the paltry amount of the contract they gave (offered?) Ryan Grant.

Ha. During that offseason, I very stridently bet someone, in whatever thread we had running, that Grant would be more productive over his remaining career than Crabtree would.

I need Grant to mount a comeback, or I'm losing that one.

Got into the film tonight.

The man is a powerful rusher. He destroye the RG on the Titans (it was the guy starting beofre Nate Davis took over). Watched the Colts game too and he did struggle against double teams agaisnt their line in zone runs so that raised a bit of a red flag.

I think he's going to really benefit from having B-Will and Campbell with him. B-Will eats double teams because of his power and Campbell left 1-on-1 on the strong side means either A) working weakside against the sideline or B) going at Campbell and getting your ass whooped.

Those 2 demanding attention is going to give him a lot of 1-on-1 looks where he can really do well.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ha. During that offseason, I very stridently bet someone, in whatever thread we had running, that Grant would be more productive over his remaining career than Crabtree would.

I need Grant to mount a comeback, or I'm losing that one.
    I mean Crabtree was a negative asset here so tbh you might have won just by virtue of Grant playing less lol

For those with a subscription to The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/1707759/2020...a-1-year-deal/

Some interesting details about Wolfe's career from the Broncos writer. He had injury issues earlier in his career, including a spinal issue he got surgically fixed in 2018. Last year was shaping up as one of his best, but got derailed by a freak elbow injury that appears to have fully healed -- his Twitter account has some evidence: https://twitter.com/Derek_Wolfe95/st...18935305633792.

Sure sounds like his career has been rejuvenated, and the Ravens will benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    c'man, Wormley to me is like the Mendoza line in baseball. For those who are too young, or don't know what it means, it is "The Mendoza Line is an expression in baseball deriving from the name of shortstop Mario Mendoza, whose poor batting average is taken to define the threshold of incompetent hitting."

... Bc
    I think Chris Davis set the new benchmark for incompetence. Way under the Mendoza line. I was hoping he could at least reach it. Nope

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Wormley's cap hit for 2020 was going to be just a touch over $1M, but his Proven Performance Escalator jumped that up to about $2.1M. So, if Wolfe's contract is really $3M + incentives, and the Ravens traded Wormley and a 7th for a 5th, the question is this:

Is (Wolfe + 5th round pick) > (Wormley + 7th round pick + $1M additional cap space)?

That is what the Ravens gained (left side of the equation) and what the Ravens lost (right side of the equation).
    Which would you rather have?
    bird, my preference would be :

(Wolfe + 5th round pick)... Bc

Don’t mean to single yall out because obviously this is a commonly held theory here, but the insinuation is that Grant didn’t actually have an ankle injury, and it’s just a coincidence that he didn’t move as well after that year as he had up to that point in his life? He was never the most explosive athlete but he's clearly lost a step from where he was in Washington. And he didn’t have a step to give.

Like I get the appeal of the conspiracy here, but if the Ravens say they didn’t sign a guy because they were worried about potential long term effects of an ankle injury, and that guy has showed the long term effects of an ankle injury, I feel like Occam’s razor can take it from there.
    ..................Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory to crank up the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Wormley's cap hit for 2020 was going to be just a touch over $1M, but his Proven Performance Escalator jumped that up to about $2.1M. So, if Wolfe's contract is really $3M + incentives, and the Ravens traded Wormley and a 7th for a 5th, the question is this:

Is (Wolfe + 5th round pick) > (Wormley + 7th round pick + $1M additional cap space)?

That is what the Ravens gained (left side of the equation) and what the Ravens lost (right side of the equation).
    Which would you rather have?
    Wolfe, even in a down year, is an upgrade that's greater than 1M value. The 5th round pick is just gravy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    For those with a subscription to The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/1707759/2020...a-1-year-deal/

Some interesting details about Wolfe's career from the Broncos writer. He had injury issues earlier in his career, including a spinal issue he got surgically fixed in 2018. Last year was shaping up as one of his best, but got derailed by a freak elbow injury that appears to have fully healed -- his Twitter account has some evidence: https://twitter.com/Derek_Wolfe95/st...18935305633792.

Sure sounds like his career has been rejuvenated, and the Ravens will benefit.
    IMO, there is likely an agreement for multi-year deal for more money if Wolfe passes his physical.
    Wolfe's DNA is a "Play like a Raven" guy who will improve the DL as much as Campbell.