Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure they do...they just have it backloaded. Our deal was the same, he was only set to count $5 million against our cap this year.
    They had 6.9 mil in cap space and designated Gurley for post June 1st cut which saves 5.5 mil, but I believe they still need to be under the cap at June 1st. Even at a 5 mil cap year 1, that puts the Rams at 1.9 mil in cap. The Rams would likely need to restructure, cut, or trade in order to be able to fit the draft prospects cap in even with the rookie salary cap. I could see Robert Woods going on the trade block as trading Cooks would lose cap and Cooper Kupp is cheap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    They had 6.9 mil in cap space and designated Gurley for post June 1st cut which saves 5.5 mil, but I believe they still need to be under the cap at June 1st. Even at a 5 mil cap year 1, that puts the Rams at 1.9 mil in cap. The Rams would likely need to restructure, cut, or trade in order to be able to fit the draft prospects cap in even with the rookie salary cap. I could see Robert Woods going on the trade block as trading Cooks would lose cap and Cooper Kupp is cheap anyway.
    Sure they’ll have to make some moves...keep in mind though they don’t have a first or 5th round pick so their rookies won’t take up as much cap space.
    Brockers cap number could be even lower than $5 million this year if they really wanted to keep it as low as possible. They have a while to go to get there though, they don’t need to do anything now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

While this sucks, we can bring in Daniels, Snacks, or Hankins for 1/3 of the cost per year.

Keep in mind, we still got Campbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure they’ll have to make some moves...keep in mind though they don’t have a first or 5th round pick so their rookies won’t take up as much cap space.
    Brockers cap number could be even lower than $5 million this year if they really wanted to keep it as low as possible. They have a while to go to get there though, they don’t need to do anything now.
    The lack of picks is another reason I could see them moving Woods for a pick considering how strong this receiver draft is. They're also in the bottom half of the league in 2021 salary cap without the Brockers deal and they need to pay Ramsey or their fan base riots. Woods carries a 10M cap next year which gives them more future flexibility.

He ended up getting more $ from the Rams. Very strange.

I’m sure EDC will put the $ to good use. No clue who’s out there to help but don’t like to add another hole before the draft.

Blog Entries

Dream scenario is they figure out how to get Yannick from the Jags and sign him to a long term deal.

7. Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

What about Shelby Harris from DEN? 29 YO, 6 sacks in 2019. Said to be available for ~ $5 Million/ year.

Trade for Ryan Kerrigan, trade up for a falling Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw, championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well that’s def a strange turn of events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You have to figure EDC has a plan. There was no rush to drop the deal for Brockers so early unless it was his agent pushing for the deal to be signed.

Blog Entries

Christian Covington
    Young/Good run stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    While this sucks, we can bring in Daniels, Snacks, or Hankins for 1/3 of the cost per year.

Keep in mind, we still got Campbell!
    I think The Ravens wanted to get faster and more versatile on the defense line. Not sure if those guys would had helped.