Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 219
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    35,358
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    That gives EDC some extra room. Is there a cap crunched team w a similar guy we can trade for & give that team some relief? Send a low pick to bail a team out.
    In EDC we trust!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was a team like that in the Titans and the Broncos traded a 7th round pick for Jurrell Casey. It sure doesn't look like there is another situation like that around
    Long Live The Bat





  2. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    9,441
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    PFT says deal with Rams is 31.5 mill for 3 years.





  3. #27

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Marcel Dareus seems like the best option at this point
    Not sure how I feel about Darius...in the last 5 years, hes played double digit games twice.

    Think Id prefer Wolfe.

    Problem is though that both those guys youd want to get in your facility to have your docs look at them considering their injury history.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  4. #28

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    PFT says deal with Rams is 31.5 mill for 3 years.
    Wow. Interested in the structure.

    Was this independent doctor a Rams fan lol...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  5. #29

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There was a team like that in the Titans and the Broncos traded a 7th round pick for Jurrell Casey. It sure doesn't look like there is another situation like that around
    I looked at about bottom half of the teams in the NFL in terms of cap space and the only guys I could see that could be traded in a cap sense were Von Miller, Dee Ford, and Chandler Jones. None of which I see the Ravens making a move for.





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    35,358
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    PFT says deal with Rams is 31.5 mill for 3 years.
    That's probably why he wouldn't negotiate. He already had another deal. The Rams know his medical history so they are okay with the risk. Sucks for us but good for Brockers.
    Long Live The Bat





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    35,358
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I looked at about bottom half of the teams in the NFL in terms of cap space and the only guys I could see that could be traded in a cap sense were Von Miller, Dee Ford, and Chandler Jones. None of which I see the Ravens making a move for.
    Nope. It's going to have to be a free agent.
    Long Live The Bat





  8. #32

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's probably why he wouldn't negotiate. He already had another deal. The Rams know his medical history so they are okay with the risk. Sucks for us but good for Brockers.
    Now the interesting thing I see is that the Rams didn't have the cap to sign a guy to a 3 year 30+ mil contract. This deal may open up their receiving core to the trade market and the Ravens have made deals with the Rams in the past.





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    29,944

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    I'd probably sign Derek Wolfe and target Jordan Elliott in the 3rd round.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  10. #34

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    Now the interesting thing I see is that the Rams didn't have the cap to sign a guy to a 3 year 30+ mil contract. This deal may open up their receiving core to the trade market and the Ravens have made deals with the Rams in the past.
    Sure they do...they just have it backloaded. Our deal was the same, he was only set to count $5 million against our cap this year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  11. Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    The free agent market was good for D Line when we signed Brockers but it doesn't look so good now.

    Maybe Edge is a better position to target with Markus Golden, Vinny Curry, Clay Matthews etc available as well as Clowney and Griffin.





  12. #36

    Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd probably sign Derek Wolfe and target Jordan Elliott in the 3rd round.
    Yeah I agree, Brockers deal along with trading depth in Wormley puts a DL higher on draft wishlist even if we make another signing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site