Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

Quote Originally Posted by Charmcityflex View Post
    Smh. Is it possible to trade back into the 1st? like the way they got lamar and hayden hurst. but this time a dline guy and a ILB?
    They've got picks 55 and 60.

Using the draft trade value chart, which granted is only a ballpark guideline, those picks together are worth 650 pts.

That should get them into the bottom of Rd 1, picks 29-32.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Time to go after clowney
    Yeah...then trade Clowney for Hayden Hurst

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i would think people would be a little happier to get out of a deal on someone with significant injury risk (at least enough to fail a physical). it was unforeseeable, but man at least we aren't sinking money into a benchwarmer
    I'm glad they were able to get out of the deal just wish they had more options at this point.
    Should've signed Schobert. A young FA who could grow with the defense. Last offseason the splash move was signing a 30 year old safety and this offseason a 33 year old lineman.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TuxRavens View Post
    What about Shelby Harris from DEN? 29 YO, 6 sacks in 2019. Said to be available for ~ $5 Million/ year.
    Yes, this is the guy I wanted all along. Also,let's not forget how well McPhee was playing last year before the injury.

Shelby Harris is who I would want.

Wow, I woke up to this being the only alert on my phone today and this move sucks.

I loved the initial signing, its a shame this fell through. I mean I do not see or beleive the Ravens had legitimate interest in Ndamukung Sue.

I cannot also think they held off on the ankle issue for a guy who has missed what 5 games in 6 years? THe guy at a really tough position has been incredibly healthy and reliable.

Looks like the draft will have to now address this hole. I think the subtraction of Wormley is irrelevant and replaceable with a rookie or any free agent but Brockers was a definite upgrade and there is not anyone on the market as good as he was.

5 games in 8 years actually. He’s been extremely durable.

Clowney played in the postseason so I'd be happy with him

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Clowney played in the postseason so I'd be happy with him
    Trade Judon for a second that they could use to draft Edge/ILB and sign Clowney and Shelby Harris.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Trade Judon for a second that they could use to draft Edge/ILB and sign Clowney and Shelby Harris.
    No problem if it's...

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Sucks because Brockers was our ticket to NOT draft iDL early, was really looking forward to seeing other positions get all of the attention. Now we likely do nothing of note with that cap room and are right back to considering iDL in round 2-3 ugh
    I think this franchise would view those decisions as separate / mutually exclusive decisions.

Or they still might not draft a iDL early.
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-27-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah I'm confused, the vast majority of writeups on him...in addition to my own eyes say he absolutly can be a 3-4 DL beast.
    I think we both agree that AJ is a great college prospect and good player.

At Iowa he was base 43 RDE. A DE in a 4 man DL is his natural position to me based on watching film and from the write-ups I've read.
    Most write-ups that I've read comp him to an edge rusher.

This conversation started about AJ as replacement for Brockers and I do not see him as direct replacement for Brockers.

If this is how you see him we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not so much in space and doesn't have outside quicks or explosion to be OLB and even DE in a 4-3 to a degree. Not sure why anyone would say he plays more like an OLB in a 3-4.
    Wait whut? Now i'm confused...... You're not sure why anyone would say that a edge rusher (RDE) in college plays like an edge rusher?