Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Ravens NOT signing Brockers

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    The Ravens will not be signing free agent DT Michael Brockers per sources.

Re: Ravens NOT signing Brockers

Timing REALLY sucks here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Derek wolfe plan B? Seriously.. who else is out there at this junction of free agency. Everson Griffen?

Blog Entries

That sucks. Brockers really fit in with what they were looking to do with that D-line. I don't know where they find another inside guy who can do more than take up space. If they were looking at Suh it's obvious they want some push from the middle which is what Brockers was giving them.

Marcell Dareus on the cheap?

Huh? What happened? Fail a physical?

Blog Entries

And no before anyone asks they aren't paying Clowney top dollar for the same reason they didn't pay Brockers. Medical obviously matters. They can't sign a guy coming off surgery who they can't examine after failing someone else for medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    It’s been out there for a couple days that the team has had concerns with his ankle from a physical with an independent doctor.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Not the news I wanted to wake up to. At least it opens up a 4th/5th round comp pick for Michael Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Private doctor probably saw something wrong with the high ankle sprain. So ravens tried to rework the contract. Probably tried to get him cheaper. He said no. So.. both went their separate ways

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It’s been out there for a couple days that the team has had concerns with his ankle from a physical with an independent doctor.
    Crap! Makes me think we should have held onto Wormley a little longer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Marcell Dareus on the cheap?
    That's an option that makes sense. I'd say look into bringing Timmy Jernigan back but he's hurt all the time. Snacks Harrison but it would have to be for a lot less than Pierce signed for.

I can't believe they dumped Wormley while there were still issues completing this Brockers deal. What was the rush?