Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Could Lamar's clothing line become a distraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Amazon was selling bootleg memorabilia with his likeness which confused fans who wanted to buy merchandise from his clothing line. Who wouldn’t be pissed about that?
    Not to mention if you have a trademark and you don't defend it in court in this scenario, I believe you lose it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Nah. His generation seems to be more about personal brand. I don't see it as a distraction

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis still makes millions on his licensed products, as he is entitled to do.

LJ team is just protecting his rights too so that later down the line, he has the revenue source. Any player would do the same

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You are dead on right. I have also worried about this. He's the kid whose mom helped him decide he didn't need an agent for his rookie deal... Fair enough. But he will likely have a very hard time getting a huge endorsement deal if he insists on keeping his wild dog line going. What major company is going to want to sign him if he insists on selling that ratcheted stuff?
    Listen, I admire his ethic and wholesome lifestyle and hardheadedness on getting the best deal for him... but if I'm Under Armour, Nike, Adidas etc.. I'm demanding he drops that stuff.

I'm not sure he is willing to do that.
    Why would he drop it? His store was sold out for months. He sold thousands of items without a middle man like Nike or UA cutting into the profit. He doesnt need them to capitalize on his name, he has done it himself. He has done what Lavar Ball wanted to do but his kid didnt have the talent to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    My only concern is this is he only thing I have heard about him during the off season. I haven’t seen one video of him working out or doing any training. That is a little concerning.
    So bc there's no video, he's not working out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Sorry Hollywood, I know you were wide open but I was thinking of a killer line of questioning that will leave Amazon reeling at the trial."

Are you kidding me? Have you not seen this dudes character the past two years? Is it wrong for him to not want other brands making money off his name without permission? I feel like sometimes people just say anything smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The rona really got everyone going crazy. Imagine making this thread after what we’ve seen from Lamar and his dedication to the game the past 2 years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s really not that outrageous of a statement that the OP made. Look at what happened to Cam Newton. Super humble in the beginning, not so much as time went on. Really don’t care though what LJ does as long as he’s not throwing picks because he’s worried about his werewolf clothing line or whatever during a game.
    Cam was never humble also he's washed because of injuries not because he's a superstar.

And it takes some BALLS to sue one of the biggest corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    I may be way overthinking this, but with the news today of Lamar suing Amazon, I'm just a little worried that he could become more more worried about his brand image than winning. Lamar definitely seems like a humble kid who has his head in the right place, but we've seen this kind of thing happen to even the most amazing pro athletes.
    Flacco fan nitpicking on Lamar I see.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    "Sorry Hollywood, I know you were wide open but I was thinking of a killer line of questioning that will leave Amazon reeling at the trial."
    Lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s really not that outrageous of a statement that the OP made. Look at what happened to Cam Newton. Super humble in the beginning, not so much as time went on. Really don’t care though what LJ does as long as he’s not throwing picks because he’s worried about his werewolf clothing line or whatever during a game.
    That might be the first time the words "humble" and "Cam Newton" were ever used in the same sentence.

From the PFW scouting report written when Cam was coming out of Auburn and before he every played a down in the league:

Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.
    None of that says "humble" to me.
    "Chin up, chest out."