Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Could Lamar's clothing line become a distraction?

I'd be very shocked. I've been extremely impressed how grounded he is. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s really not that outrageous of a statement that the OP made. Look at what happened to Cam Newton. Super humble in the beginning, not so much as time went on. Really don’t care though what LJ does as long as he’s not throwing picks because he’s worried about his werewolf clothing line or whatever during a game.
    Let's not forget that his backup is RGIII, who went out and spent a lot of time developing is "brand" and such. He went into the shitter and came out a wiser person. I have to think some of that has rubbed off on Lamar.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Let's not forget that his backup is RGIII, who went out and spent a lot of time developing is "brand" and such. He went into the shitter and came out a wiser person. I have to think some of that has rubbed off on Lamar.
    Excellent point. Cautionary tale if there ever was one RG3 basically was LJ 8 years ago then it all went to his head.

Mahomes was on the Madden cover and like 8 different commercials this past season. Let's not start with this.

It’s really not that outrageous of a statement that the OP made. Look at what happened to Cam Newton. Super humble in the beginning, not so much as time went on. Really don’t care though what LJ does as long as he’s not throwing picks because he’s worried about his werewolf clothing line or whatever during a game.
    Cam’s career got derailed because his body got ground into dust. Nothing else.

Excellent point. Cautionary tale if there ever was one RG3 basically was LJ 8 years ago then it all went to his head.
    This is not even a tiny bit accurate

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    This is not even a tiny bit accurate
    Bro, can you just put me on ignore please I’m not taking your bait.

RG3 came into the league already full of himself. He was also never close to the player LJ is, even at his peak. He could never read defenses; he got by for half a season with smoke and mirrors and an incredibly simplistic offense. He threw a great ball, but only ever had to make one read. Then defenses adjusted and he lost some of his athleticism after the knee injury.

RG3 fell off because he physically declined and couldn’t adjust when defenses adjusted to him. It had nothing to do with the fact that success “went to his head”; the ego was there the whole time.

Sure, he might insist that his company be selected to design all Ravens uniform items for the 2022 items and take over the naming rights of M&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bro, can you just put me on ignore please I’m not taking your bait.
    I’m not trying to bait you, and I have no reason to ignore you. I have no qualms with you as a poster man.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    I may be way overthinking this, but with the news today of Lamar suing Amazon, I'm just a little worried that he could become more more worried about his brand image than winning. Lamar definitely seems like a humble kid who has his head in the right place, but we've seen this kind of thing happen to even the most amazing pro athletes.
    You are dead on right. I have also worried about this. He's the kid whose mom helped him decide he didn't need an agent for his rookie deal... Fair enough. But he will likely have a very hard time getting a huge endorsement deal if he insists on keeping his wild dog line going. What major company is going to want to sign him if he insists on selling that ratcheted stuff?
    Listen, I admire his ethic and wholesome lifestyle and hardheadedness on getting the best deal for him... but if I'm Under Armour, Nike, Adidas etc.. I'm demanding he drops that stuff.

I'm not sure he is willing to do that.