Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Aww sucks, I didn’t get a bro hug from the commissioner on my way to becoming a millionaire. Cry me a river.

I'm sure it's a bummer to them but I mean... are any of them really suggesting to hold off for that exact reason? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Aww sucks, I didn’t get a bro hug from the commissioner on my way to becoming a millionaire. Cry me a river.
    No kidding. Sucks they don’t get to live out that part of the dream and all, but TS. The consolation prize is still pretty good.

Blog Entries

A lot of are dreaming about not getting sick, watching loved ones risk death and trying to survive the financial meltdown. These kids will be okay without a hug from Goodell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    LOL Cap'n, if this is the worst thing that happens in their lives then they are truly blessed. A friend said his grandfather told him, "Write down your future plans in pencil." I don't wish the 2020 NFL draft class any harm, but whatever comes they will get over it in time... Bc

Blog Entries

Draftees get their signing bonuses within a few days of signing their contracts. So there's real incentive for these young players to get it done.

What's the remedy if the Patriots hack every team's Zoom/teleconference?

In all seriousness, what if some ne'er-do-well hacks into a team's network and leaks an entire board or merely a team's BPA?

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post

In all seriousness, what if some ne'er-do-well hacks into a team's network and leaks an entire board or merely a team's BPA?
    Don’t put your board in front of the camera lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post

It will be like a movie where Belichick dresses up wearing a fake mustache and in a janitor’s uniform or something so he can infiltrate the servers and get into the other team’s computers somehow without them knowing while McDaniels is keeping lookout and distracting the security guard and Belichick’s kid is out back waiting in the getaway car. Especially without Brady now they’ll really step up the cheating. They’ll have to.

The Draft is nothing more than a meat market. Beef on the hoof, what cut, with what secondary properties do you want.

The entire NFL is nothing more the beef on the hoof. Players are commodities, noting more and nothing less. It is up to the player to develop himself into the cut of beef that the buyers want - do it right and you get a payday right after the Draft, do it wrong and at best you become a UDFA, with the opportunity to practice and play yourself into a payday or a greased slide into your next career.