Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    They won't be able to film with a full crew without endangering everyone involved. They won't be able to have the draftees there hanging out. Team executives won't be able to have their war rooms. There won't be anything to truly televise. It'll get postponed. Goodell is just being stubborn.
    They can have a remote war room the same way so many other companies are doing it. They just need to be able to interview the draftees, coaches and GMs remotely and show lots of game film. It's no different than what CNBC does every day. The ratings will be down but still okay because there is no other live sports related even to televise. Right now ESPN's best ratings are coming from replays of old Wreslemanias. The Draft will destroy those ratings

Blog Entries

Can front office personnel even all be in the same War room?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Probably not, but they don't need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who cares

Blog Entries

Everything they need to do, they can do. NFL teams have WAY more money than almost any company any of us works for. They can install whatever tech they need.

They can interview kids via Facetime or Skype or whatever.

Come on. If the rest of us can keep the country running, these guys can manage a draft. They sound like a bunch of kids that complain they need two extra weeks to turn in a paper because school was closed for one snow day.

6. Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Noooooo!!! It can be held by video conference.

Blog Entries

Haven't seen it written anywhere, but on the radio this morning Mel Kiper paraphrased EDC saying he was one of the GM's who wants to keep it on schedule. He's ready to go.

Advantage: Ravens

8. Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Noooooo!!! It can be held by video conference.
    I'm pretty old. You don't need any of those interviews or anything. You could have just a tv show with 4 anchors talking, and lots of video of the players drafted, and lots of analysis of that footage. "yes, that was a good play". If you watch the tv show they put on now, it's a bunch of stuff I don't want to see. I'd rather just get the pick as quickly as possible, and watch the video. It would be easy to do exactly what I'd want.

When I started to read the thread I was definitely don't postpone but at this point I would postpone. I am not concern about interviews or anything. IIRC, they didn't interview LJ8 or bring him in predraft so there was no medical examination.

My concern is logistically it may not be possible . Many cities and states are on lockdown and i don't see that changing in the next month. I cant see a team be considered essential services.

I dont see an issue postponing for late June. The teams can have mini camp during July and then start regular camp in August.

Heard this morning at 0700 (Sunday 3/29) the draft WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED...anchors in-studio...remote interviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    You don't need any of those interviews or anything. You could have just a tv show with 4 anchors talking, and lots of video of the players drafted, and lots of analysis of that footage. "yes, that was a good play".
    Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Heard this morning at 0700 (Sunday 3/29) the draft WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED - anchors in-studio - remote interviews
    Same as the old days. Pipe in some Jets fans booing, no one will be able to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Haven't seen it written anywhere, but on the radio this morning Mel Kiper paraphrased EDC saying he was one of the GM's who wants to keep it on schedule. He's ready to go.
    YEAH he is!

Go Eric! Kick some ass!