Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Elway isn’t that good at drafting even if there was no caronavirus. Everyone has the same disadvantage so there is no advantage. It’s a completely level playing field, and it will take some creativity and thinking outside of the box in lieu of determining what kind of character a player has. You’re not really going to be able to determine that anyway during an in person interview. Talk to his family, friends, coaches, etc. There’s enough tape out there already about the kind of player they are.

https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/st...95173748744194
    "This is one of the few events in sports we can have right now. From the NFL's perspective, I would absolutely proceed with it."
    — @minakimes
    on NFL general managers' opposition to an April draft

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Elway isn’t that good at drafting even if there was no caronavirus.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/st...95173748744194
    — @minakimes
    on NFL general managers' opposition to an April draft
    Absolutely. From a business perspective this draft will get attention like no other. That's why it almost certainly will go ahead.

This may be a time when the owners and the commish are doing the right thing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...andemic-relief

6. Re: Should the draft be postponed?

So if it goes on as scheduled, it will be us basically watching live videos of GMs calling the guys they just drafted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    This may be a time when the owners and the commish are doing the right thing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...andemic-relief
    Or it's a bit of cover to ward off criticsm while they rake in 50 times that amount. Could be either one really.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    So if it goes on as scheduled, it will be us basically watching live videos of GMs calling the guys they just drafted.

It's not much less entertaining than watching guys trying on caps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It's not much less entertaining than watching guys trying on caps.
    only if they pipe in boos every time Goodell walks to the podium

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post

Is that worse than watching the commissioner say it? Everything around that will be more or less the same I’m sure, except the studio guys will be on livestreams a la Around the Horn instead of at a desk together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    only if they pipe in boos every time Goodell walks to the podium
    Great idea. You should suggest it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    There are reports that every NFL GM wants the draft put back until after the coronavirus crisis is over. What do you think?

I say no. It's a welcome distraction at a time when nothing is happening in the sporting world and it's an event that can take place remotely without putting anyone at risk.

I can see the GM's point that they aren't able to scout players, meet players and conduct medicals the way they usually can but, if everyone is in the same boat, what does it really matter? Everyone is working differently now (if they're working at all). So there might be a few more draft busts than usual. Who cares? The NFL is entertainment and I don't think they should deprive us of some fun just because GMs feel less comfortable about their assessments.

I do not want it pushed back. I feel bad for the players involved this year but currently right now being stuck at home one of the worst aspects with distractions right now is the NFL network all of the draft shows (Path to the draft, pro day workouts, Mock draft stuff) on ESPN too are all missing and it sucks.

I love the draft, the month leading up is awesome TV for a football junkie like myself and this royally sucks. Definitely hope the league comes up with a plan to televise it somehow. I would love the distraction from the current daily bullshit we are all subjected too