Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Re: Should the draft be postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    They won't be able to film with a full crew without endangering everyone involved. They won't be able to have the draftees there hanging out. Team executives won't be able to have their war rooms. There won't be anything to truly televise. It'll get postponed. Goodell is just being stubborn.
    None of those things that you're talking about actually matter. What matters is only that the teams get their new players.

It's a lot easier to keep the schedule the way it is.

Blog Entries

Re: Should the draft be postponed?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think people are underestimating technology today. The production value will almost certainly be amazing as usual. They will have the important draft gurus and Schefter and whoever else they want via satelite, just like all the news stations have been doing for weeks. And then they will still have Roger come out and announce the pick, just not on a stage infront of thousands of fans. I really don't think it will be that different as far as watching from home goes.

No doubt ill be in the minority aroound here but for 95% of us the draft is boring and overly long. We peons just want to see the 1st round and then read whom our teams drafted the following days. Anyway, the draft will happen. Im sure theyll find a way to spice up the 1st even if its not a huge Event.

Blog Entries

People are gonna watch the shit out of it. For one, by April 23 it will have been about 6 weeks since there's been anything to watch. If anything I think the NFL's gonna make a killing off of it. I'll be curious if the ads for it sell for any higher than usual.

It would be incredible if they could speed it up a little, but no way in hell will they.

The NFL draft is going to be the only REAL sporting activity of ANY KIND taking place after over more than a month of nothing real. As bad as it may be in comparison to prior drafts, it will be the ONLY THING for the NFL audience.

Blog Entries

One thing I can say is that I firmly doubt, that there was as much agreement on this moving forward as scheduled, than what has been publicized.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    One thing I can say is that I firmly doubt, that there was as much agreement on this moving forward as scheduled, than what has been publicized.
    It's a business. The owners hire someone to make these decisions for them. If they don't like it they will fire that guy and hire someone else. Jerry Jones was pretty vocal about doing that when Goodel's contract was up and the other owners didn't support it. That's the only agreement that really means anything. Whether they buy into a particular decision is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What does the NFL always want? The Spotlight on the NFL.

What does the Draft under present circumstance do? I puts the sporting Spotlight exclusively on the NFL. You really can't buy that kind of coverage and you want them to piss it away?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    What does the NFL always want? The Spotlight on the NFL.

What does the Draft under present circumstance do? I puts the sporting Spotlight exclusively on the NFL. You really can't buy that kind of coverage and you want them to piss it away?
    They're about to piss away the golden goose anyway with the way they are expanding it. Now, two teams doesn't seem like a big deal. Then, it'll be another two teams. Before you know it, their greed is catching up to them.

My main point was that I don't believe NFL staff were as unanimous in this as what was made out. I think the gag order was sent out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by VRaven View Post
    I think people are underestimating technology today. The production value will almost certainly be amazing as usual. They will have the important draft gurus and Schefter and whoever else they want via satelite, just like all the news stations have been doing for weeks. And then they will still have Roger come out and announce the pick, just not on a stage infront of thousands of fans. I really don't think it will be that different as far as watching from home goes.
    They're going to have to pipe in the boos

I don't have a problem with it continuing just take proper precautions.

With video conferencing this can be done. Let it continue. America needs an escape right now.