Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kamalei Correa Redux?

With brief talk of the Ravens looking at Breshad Perriman shut down, I am brought attention to another former draft bust who is on the market. He currently makes CBS Sports' ten best FA list:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...spot-for-each/

10. Kamalei Correa

Correa has been a solid, if unspectacular contributor throughout his four-year career, but he has perhaps the best game he's ever played during the Titans' postseason run. A versatile linebacker who doesn't turn 26 years old until late next month, he can provide valuable depth and the ability to play against both the run and the pass.

Best landing spots: Ravens, Patriots, Falcons
    They listed the Ravens? Well, rather than pay big money to Clowney (and make whatever moves to clear cap room), or pick up an aging Clay Matthews, would you look at bringing back Correa? Here is the case for him:

- still young (26)
    - saw significantly more snaps in Tennessee
    - had 8.5 sacks and 10 additional QB hits over two seasons as a reserve
    - scored a 67.8 grade with PFF last season (above average)
    - gave Ravens problems in the playoff game
    - plays good special teams
    - won't command much money
    - won't be expected to become a core starter this time
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-26-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Kamalei Correa Redux?

Why aren't the Titans interested in bringing him back? I know Pees retired, again, but it does seem strange that they wouldn't want someone back with those kind of numbers who they know well

I think it'd be a really smart pickup. He could play on early downs to help stop the run which none of our current OLB are any good at. Also a good special teams player.

This has Pats written all over it though.

Nah.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Hell no.

He gave the Ravens problems in the playoff game? I remember a play or two he made very early on in the game but after that I don’t recall him doing much.

Blog Entries

I just find it strange that in a league that is desperate for effective pass rushers nobody is rushing to sign Correa. I doubt he's asking for huge money. Even Noah Spence who has bounced around a lot got signed. Why aren't the Titans trying to bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why aren't the Titans trying to bring him back?
    Dean Pees is the only coach in the NFL who actually thinks he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    With brief talk of the Ravens looking at Breshad Perriman shut down, I am brought attention to another former draft bust who is on the market. He currently makes CBS Sports' ten best FA list:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...spot-for-each/

They listed the Ravens? Well, rather than pay big money to Clowney (and make whatever moves to clear cap room), or pick up an aging Clay Matthews, would you look at bringing back Correa? Here is the case for him:

- still young (26)
    - saw significantly more snaps in Tennessee
    - had 8.5 sacks and 10 additional QB hits over two seasons as a reserve
    - scored a 67.8 grade with PFF last season (above average)
    - gave Ravens problems in the playoff game
    - plays good special teams
    - won't command much money
    - won't be expected to become a core starter this time

That ship has sailed.

I still remember him being drafted and that training camp. He had so much hype how he was knocking people unconscious etc... and it just never translated to the field. Dont get me wrong, Tim Williams and Bowser are probably just as bad but he had a lot of hype that year well more than any of the others who never panned out

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    He gave the Ravens problems in the playoff game? I remember a play or two he made very early on in the game but after that I don’t recall him doing much.
    Vrabel and Pees gave Correa very defined mush rush/containment assignments against us and he certainly did what they asked him to do. To my eye, he gets off blocks better than he did when he was here but still doesn't show much read and react skills.

Wink wasn't the DC when Correa was here. I wouldn't discount anything. Wink has a way of utilizing players to their limitations. Or, putting them (the player) in a position to not overthink.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just find it strange that in a league that is desperate for effective pass rushers nobody is rushing to sign Correa. I doubt he's asking for huge money. Even Noah Spence who has bounced around a lot got signed. Why aren't the Titans trying to bring him back?
    From what I saw on twitter from Turron Davenport who is The ESPN Sports writer covering The Titans is that Kamalei Correa had interest from two teams which was about a week ago. Not sure why he hasn't been signed by now but there are other pass rushers like Markus Golden, Benson Mayowa, and etc that had more sacks than him in 2019 and are still free agents. Maybe his Correa asking price is a bit too high for other teams but it's not uncommon for good player to dry market until after the draft.