Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 52

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ellicott City
    Posts
    1,290

    Brockers deal delayed by ankle issue

    Looks like the Brockers deal is being delayed by the fact that Ravens medical staff can't get a look at Brockers ankle...

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-deal-ravens
    "If you donít like change, youíre gonna like irrelevancy even less." -- John Harbaugh (paraphrasing Gen. Eric Shinseki)





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    15,396

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    We could probably end up with Clowney after all if this one doesn't go through





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    12,226

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Now's not the time to be messing around with the money. That'll really hurt the Ravens reputation around the league with the agents, and by extension the players.

    Question should be, do they sign him Y/N
    "It's gonna be a problem. Whether Lamar Jackson runs it or not, it's gonna be a problem."
    - Brian Baldinger





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ellicott City
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Now's not the time to be messing around with the money. That'll really hurt the Ravens reputation around the league with the agents, and by extension the players.

    Question should be, do they sign him Y/N
    He's been pretty durable, but he was carted off the field in the final game of last season.
    "If you donít like change, youíre gonna like irrelevancy even less." -- John Harbaugh (paraphrasing Gen. Eric Shinseki)





  5. #5

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Now's not the time to be messing around with the money. That'll really hurt the Ravens reputation around the league with the agents, and by extension the players.

    Question should be, do they sign him Y/N
    Players wanna play here. Why is Tony Jefferson recruiting players to come here when he got cut? Why did Steve Smith and Eric Weddle want to retire a Raven? I don't think this has hurt them. They need to protect themselves or else if he was injured the first three weeks Ravens fans would complain that they shouldn't have signed him.





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    1,714
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Now's not the time to be messing around with the money. That'll really hurt the Ravens reputation around the league with the agents, and by extension the players.

    Question should be, do they sign him Y/N
    Did it hurt us when we signed a Ryan Grant a few years ago, then he failed his physical and we voided the deal? Nope sure didntt





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    1,714
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    If the Ravens can't have their Drs look at him soon, I would like to see the contract reworked to $6m guaranteed, and $4m in incentives and the Ravens have the option to get out of the contract after 1 year with minimal dead money.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    32,704

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Campbell and Brockers...the combination of the players together is something that added allure to the former Ram. The team wanted to move away from pure run-stuffers like Pierce, and the Campbell/Brockers combo, disrupting the pocket inside the edge rushers, made Wormley expendable.

    But the red flag was hoisted when out of the blue the Ravens were in on Suh. And that didn't play out for the Ravens as he stayed in Tampa.

    Adding the right pieces in free agency liberates the Ravens war room. They don't feel as compelled to reach for need. If the Ravens doctors can't get comfortable with Brockers (and they do rely on them as mentioned earlier in the Ryan Grant case), the need could influence their draft board, not to mention the depth they've lost in Wormley.

    Sometimes the medical report can sway the team to make the right choice. Sometimes it doesn't. I remember in 2010 the Ravens took Gronk off their board due to medical concerns, yet invested draft capital in two tight ends anyway (Dickson & Pitta). I remember there was some mild interest in Drew Brees in 2006 but they passed due to concerns about his shoulder. Fourteen years later he's still chucking it. Steve McNair would become a Raven prior to that season.

    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Brockers passes the physical, then all is ok. If he doesn't, and given the attempt to sign Suh there's concern that he won't, it would be DeCosta's first swing and a miss as General Manager.

    Hopefully we'll learn soon.

    Hopefully it works out for the team's very savvy GM!
    Last edited by TL24x7; 03-26-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi





  9. #9

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Campbell and Brockers...the combination of the players together is something that added allure to the former Ram. The team wanted to move away from pure run-stuffers like Pierce, and the Campbell/Brockers combo, disrupting the pocket inside the edge rushers, made Wormley expendable.

    But the red flag was hoisted when out of the blue the Ravens were in on Suh. And that didn't play out for the Ravens as he stayed in Tampa.

    Adding the right pieces in free agency liberates the Ravens war room. They don't feel as compelled to reach for need. If the Ravens doctors can't get comfortable with Brockers (and they do rely on them as mentioned earlier in the Ryan Grant case), the need could influence their draft board, not to mention the depth they've lost in Wormley.

    Sometimes the medical report can sway the team to make the right choice. Sometimes it doesn't. I remember in 2010 the Ravens took Gronk off their board due to medical concerns, yet invested draft capital in two tight ends anyway (Dickson & Pitta). I remember there was some mild interest in Drew Brees in 2006 but they passed due to concerns about his shoulder. Fourteen years later he's still chucking it. Steve McNair would become a Raven prior to that season.

    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Brockers passes the physical, then all is ok. If he doesn't, and given the attempt to sign Suh there's concern that he won't, it would be DeCosta's first swing and a miss as General Manager.

    Hopefully we'll learn soon.

    Hopefully it works out for the team's very savvy GM!
    I wouldn't have been concerned as much except for the Suh angle. You can add Myles Jack to that list too.

    Are you always up so early? No sports at night anymore





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    7,729

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    He's been pretty durable, but he was carted off the field in the final game of last season.
    Didnít know that. Obviously not good at all.





  11. #11

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Yeah, I donít think they cut the money here. I think they decide theyíre comfortable signing him at the agreed upon rate or theyíre not.





  12. #12

    Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

    Same ankle issue Ryan Grant was suffering from?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site