Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Brockers deal delayed by anke issue

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean there are 31 teams worth of players who haven’t played in this defense yet and lots of them are very good so idk wtf the point of this post is

I mean there are 31 teams worth of players who haven’t played in this defense yet and lots of them are very good so idk wtf the point of this post is
    You said I was “massively underselling” him whatever that means. I mean, I know you know everything already, but do you see an Aaron Donald playing next to him here?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    You said I was “massively underselling” him whatever that means. I mean, I know you know everything already, but do you see an Aaron Donald playing next to him here.
    He’s an elite run stuffer who is solid against the pass. So yeah, “decent run stuffer” is a massive undersell. I don’t claim to know everything, this is a pretty objective and agreed-upon evaluation of Michael Brockers.

And I see Calais Campbell who has been the second best IDL in the league since Donald broke out

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    For the turds that would be cool but for a Superbowl contender, not so much.
    Um.....0-2 in the playofffs. Doesn’t sound like a SuperBowl contender. But add a monster like Clowney to this front 7 and then ...then we’re Super Bowl contenders. Like him or not Clowney is a name. OCs game plan for dudes like that. Add him to Cambell and get a MLB in the draft and let’s play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s an elite run stuffer who is solid against the pass. So yeah, “decent run stuffer” is a massive undersell. I don’t claim to know everything, this is a pretty objective and agreed-upon evaluation of Michael Brockers.

And I see Calais Campbell who has been the second best IDL in the league since Donald broke out

I mean those are one and the same.

You and the handful of others on this board are also pretty alone in the idea that the contract was an overpay btw. The contract was widely lauded nationally.
    No they are not. I am not against Brockers getting his or even being overpaid as long as the ravens are not the ones doing it. I am just looking it from the perspective of a Raven fan it's not personal.

As far as the rest goes I don't control what the media narrative is I think it's an overpay. I said earlier it really depends on how well he does rushing the passer prior to last year he was primarily just a run stuffer that doesn't get you 10m unless your name is Brandon Williams. Like I said my preference would have been to go out and sign a pure run stuffer like Danny Shelton or Poe for a / of the cost and use the left over money on a pure pass rusher to start alongside Judon. That is still the avenue I would prefer even if the options have sig dwindled
    Last edited by boller4president; 03-26-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Um.....0-2 in the playofffs. Doesn’t sound like a SuperBowl contender. But add a monster like Clowney to this front 7 and then ...then we’re Super Bowl contenders. Like him or not Clowney is a name. OCs game plan for dudes like that. Add him to Cambell and get a MLB in the draft and let’s play.

You really gonna tell me a 14-2 team isn't a SB contender

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You really gonna tell me a 14-2 team isn't a SB contender
    Well....exactly how far did this 14-2 team make it in January? Put down the Purple Drank bro. This team has flaws. Add to the 0-2 the fact we’ve never beaten KC. Contender or Pretender.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Now's not the time to be messing around with the money. That'll really hurt the Ravens reputation around the league with the agents, and by extension the players.

Question should be, do they sign him Y/N
    Did it hurt us when we signed a Ryan Grant a few years ago, then he failed his physical and we voided the deal? Nope sure didntt

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can't have their Drs look at him soon, I would like to see the contract reworked to $6m guaranteed, and $4m in incentives and the Ravens have the option to get out of the contract after 1 year with minimal dead money.

Campbell and Brockers...the combination of the players together is something that added allure to the former Ram. The team wanted to move away from pure run-stuffers like Pierce, and the Campbell/Brockers combo, disrupting the pocket inside the edge rushers, made Wormley expendable.

But the red flag was hoisted when out of the blue the Ravens were in on Suh. And that didn't play out for the Ravens as he stayed in Tampa.

Adding the right pieces in free agency liberates the Ravens war room. They don't feel as compelled to reach for need. If the Ravens doctors can't get comfortable with Brockers (and they do rely on them as mentioned earlier in the Ryan Grant case), the need could influence their draft board, not to mention the depth they've lost in Wormley.

Sometimes the medical report can sway the team to make the right choice. Sometimes it doesn't. I remember in 2010 the Ravens took Gronk off their board due to medical concerns, yet invested draft capital in two tight ends anyway (Dickson & Pitta). I remember there was some mild interest in Drew Brees in 2006 but they passed due to concerns about his shoulder. Fourteen years later he's still chucking it. Steve McNair would become a Raven prior to that season.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Brockers passes the physical, then all is ok. If he doesn't, and given the attempt to sign Suh there's concern that he won't, it would be DeCosta's first swing and a miss as General Manager.

Hopefully we'll learn soon.

Hopefully it works out for the team's very savvy GM!
    Last edited by TL24x7; 03-26-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Campbell and Brockers...the combination of the players together is something that added allure to the former Ram. The team wanted to move away from pure run-stuffers like Pierce, and the Campbell/Brockers combo, disrupting the pocket inside the edge rushers, made Wormley expendable.

But the red flag was hoisted when out of the blue the Ravens were in on Suh. And that didn't play out for the Ravens as he stayed in Tampa.

Adding the right pieces in free agency liberates the Ravens war room. They don't feel as compelled to reach for need. If the Ravens doctors can't get comfortable with Brockers (and they do rely on them as mentioned earlier in the Ryan Grant case), the need could influence their draft board, not to mention the depth they've lost in Wormley.

Sometimes the medical report can sway the team to make the right choice. Sometimes it doesn't. I remember in 2010 the Ravens took Gronk off their board due to medical concerns, yet invested draft capital in two tight ends anyway (Dickson & Pitta). I remember there was some mild interest in Drew Brees in 2006 but they passed due to concerns about his shoulder. Fourteen years later he's still chucking it. Steve McNair would become a Raven prior to that season.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Brockers passes the physical, then all is ok. If he doesn't, and given the attempt to sign Suh there's concern that he won't, it would be DeCosta's first swing and a miss as General Manager.

Hopefully we'll learn soon.

Hopefully it works out for the team's very savvy GM!
    I wouldn't have been concerned as much except for the Suh angle. You can add Myles Jack to that list too.

Are you always up so early? No sports at night anymore