Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft

We have 7 picks in the first 143 picks. I think that's more than enough picks to get us what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    You right, you right. I just don't understand how a team could pass on Jerry Jeudy to take one of these tackles. I think these years offensive line class is similar to last years.

Bengals drafted Jonah Williams @ 11. He was out all season injured.

Eagles drafted Andre Dilard @ 22. He was awful.

Texans drafted Tytus Howard @ 23. He played 8 games and in my opinion sucks.

Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs @ 24.

Ravens drafted Hollywood Brown @ 25.

Offensive lineman are the definition of developmental projects when they come to the NFL. There is nobody in this draft that looked as good as Zack Martin or Quenton Nelson. I'm not going to pass up the best WR prospect in years for a developmental tackle at pick 4. That being said Gettleman is an idiot.
    I never said Gettleman was good at his job lol. He's pretty damn good at player evaluation, but extremely mediocre at team building and seems to have no conception whatsoever of relative value. And he's a huge asshole to boot. Blows my mind that he still has a job (I don't live in NJ anymore but I did for a while and a lot of my friends are Giants fans, so I still follow the team fairly closely).

What he should do and what he will do are rarely the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I never said Gettleman was good at his job lol. He's pretty damn good at player evaluation, but extremely mediocre at team building and seems to have no conception whatsoever of relative value. And he's a huge asshole to boot. Blows my mind that he still has a job (I don't live in NJ anymore but I did for a while and a lot of my friends are Giants fans, so I still follow the team fairly closely).

What he should do and what he will do are rarely the same thing.
    Nah I totally feel you. You and I are on the same page here I think. Honestly I love you today for how you handled the AB/Shas situation.

I've been reading this board for fucking...almost 12 years now I feel like. Used to have the Hall of Fame poster designation, but I had to re-brand haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Nah I totally feel you. You and I are on the same page here I think. Honestly I love you today for how you handled the AB/Shas situation.

I've been reading this board for fucking...almost 12 years now I feel like. Used to have the Hall of Fame poster designation, but I had to re-brand haha.
    I've been here nearly as long, same name, though I've taken several pretty extensive breaks lol. This place is the best, except for when it's not, and then it's the worst lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Come one, come all. Here you have it:

1. Bengals – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Redskins – Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

3. Lions – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

4. Giants – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

5. Dolphins – Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

6. Chargers – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

7. Panthers – CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

8. Cardinals – Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

9. Jaguars – Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

10. Browns – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

11. Jets – Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

12. Raiders – Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn

13. 49ers – K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU

14. Bucs – Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

15. Broncos – CJ Henderson, CB, Florida

16. Falcons – Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina

17. Cowboys – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

18. Dolphins – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

19. Raiders – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

20. Jaguars – Xavier Mckinney, S, Alabama

21. Eagles – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

22. Vikings – Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

23. Patriots – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

24. Saints – Patrick Queen, LB, LSU

25. Vikings – AJ Epenesa, Edge, Iowa

26. Dolphins – D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

27. Seahawks – Grant Delpit, S, LSU

28. Ravens – Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

29. Titans – Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State

30. Packers – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

31. 49ers – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

32. Chiefs – Neville Gallimore, IDL, Oklahoma

5'10", 226 lbs, 4.39 40 time.

Jonathan Taylor to me, is a runaway freight train. Losing Yanda is a blow to the running game and adding a guy that I think could become an elite running back in this league not only sets us up for the future (ingram being 30) but gives us durability and depth. As many carries as he had at Wisconsin, Taylor stayed durable only missing I believe one game? In his three year collegiate career.

And the stats well.. are quite handsome.

1977 yards rushing, 13 TDs on 6.6 YPC

2194 yards rushing, 16 TDs on 7.1 YPC

2003 yards rushing, 26 TDs on 6.3 ypc

Him running out of the RPO and not being driven into the ground.. can't imagine how dominant he'd be with us.
    Correction: if any of the top 4 OTs are there, that's what the NY Jets are 99.9% taking. Not Ruggs, although he would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Correction: if any of the top 4 OTs are there, that's what the NY Jets are 99.9% taking. Not Ruggs, although he would be nice.
    They just lost their best receiver and are trying to replace him with Perriman

They just lost their best receiver and are trying to replace him with Perriman
    Perriman had 500 yards and 5 TDs over the last 5 games last year. And he's still only 26. I think there's a decent chance he winds up better than Anderson next year.

Perriman had 500 yards and 5 TDs over the last 5 games last year. And he's still only 26. I think there's a decent chance he winds up better than Anderson next year.
    Yea but look who was throwing him the ball. Winston was a renegade that just aired it out like a madman. Perriman still very much so sucks IMO.

Yea but look who was throwing him the ball. Winston was a renegade that just aired it out like a madman. Perriman still very much so sucks IMO.
    Nah, he doesn’t. He was absurdly efficient in a complementary role in Cleveland the year before, and was consistent as hell when pressed into starting duty down the stretch in TB. I watched a few of those games and he was balling tf out.

I don’t think it ever would’ve happened here. His issues seemed mental more than physical and his relationship with the fan base had long since crossed the Rubicon. Dude needed a change of scenery pretty desperately. But now that he’s free from those first round expectations and the aura of disappointment that perpetually followed him around here I think he’ll be a pretty useful player in this league for another 4-6 years or so.

Perriman never should’ve gone in the first to begin with but he’s had a pretty reasonable career arc for the day two pick he should’ve been.

This is a damn good mock though, Culex. I'd be surprised if Okudah fell that far, but all the places where you'd expect him to go went with realistic alternatives. You know how I feel about Taylor but if you're right about him (don't even bother responding to that clause, we all know what you'll say lol) he's definitely good value at 28. And you make a compelling case.
    This is all I do to get my football fix in March and April is look at damn near everyone from head to toe.

Nah, he doesn’t. He was absurdly efficient in a complementary role in Cleveland the year before, and was consistent as hell when pressed into starting duty down the stretch in TB. I watched a few of those games and he was balling tf out.

I don’t think it ever would’ve happened here. His issues seemed mental more than physical and his relationship with the fan base had long since crossed the Rubicon. Dude needed a change of scenery pretty desperately. But now that he’s free from those first round expectations and the aura of disappointment that perpetually followed him around here I think he’ll be a pretty useful player in this league for another 4-6 years or so.
    I guess we'll just have to see. I gotta see for a full 16 games before im sold on Perriman.