26. Dolphins – D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

27. Seahawks – Grant Delpit, S, LSU

28. Ravens – Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

29. Titans – Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State

30. Packers – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

31. 49ers – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

32. Chiefs – Neville Gallimore, IDL, Oklahoma

5'10", 226 lbs, 4.39 40 time.

Jonathan Taylor to me, is a runaway freight train. Losing Yanda is a blow to the running game and adding a guy that I think could become an elite running back in this league not only sets us up for the future (ingram being 30) but gives us durability and depth. As many carries as he had at Wisconsin, Taylor stayed durable only missing I believe one game? In his three year collegiate career.

And the stats well.. are quite handsome.

1977 yards rushing, 13 TDs on 6.6 YPC

2194 yards rushing, 16 TDs on 7.1 YPC

2003 yards rushing, 26 TDs on 6.3 ypc

Him running out of the RPO and not being driven into the ground.. can't imagine how dominant he'd be with us.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: Culex - Round 1 Mock Draft

Loveeeeee Jerry Jeudy to the Giants @ 4. I've been thinking the exact same thing. Too many mock drafts have the Giants taking Mekhi Becton or some other tackle. I don't see how the Giants pass up on having a skill position group that includes Barkley, Shepard, Tate, Engram and Jeudy. You want to surround your second year QB with fire power...that's how you do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Loveeeeee Jerry Jeudy to the Giants @ 4. I've been thinking the exact same thing. Too many mock drafts have the Giants taking Mekhi Becton or some other tackle. I don't see how the Giants pass up on having a skill position group that includes Barkley, Shepard, Tate, Engram and Jeudy. You want to surround your second year QB with fire power...that's how you do it.
    I agree, but if you want to protect your second year QB, then OT (the Giants are likely in position to take the best of the bunch) is the way to go... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree, but if you want to protect your second year QB, then OT (the Giants are likely in position to take the best of the bunch) is the way to go... Bc
    You right, you right. I just don't understand how a team could pass on Jerry Jeudy to take one of these tackles. I think these years offensive line class is similar to last years.

Bengals drafted Jonah Williams @ 11. He was out all season injured.

Eagles drafted Andre Dilard @ 22. He was awful.

Texans drafted Tytus Howard @ 23. He played 8 games and in my opinion sucks.

Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs @ 24.

Ravens drafted Hollywood Brown @ 25.

Offensive lineman are the definition of developmental projects when they come to the NFL. There is nobody in this draft that looked as good as Zack Martin or Quenton Nelson. I'm not going to pass up the best WR prospect in years for a developmental tackle at pick 4. That being said Gettleman is an idiot.

You right, you right. I just don't understand how a team could pass on Jerry Jeudy to take one of these tackles. I think these years offensive line class is similar to last years.

Bengals drafted Jonah Williams @ 11. He was out all season injured.

Eagles drafted Andre Dilard @ 22. He was awful.

Texans drafted Tytus Howard @ 23. He played 8 games and in my opinion sucks.

Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs @ 24.

Ravens drafted Hollywood Brown @ 25.

Offensive lineman are the definition of developmental projects when they come to the NFL. There is nobody in this draft that looked as good as Zack Martin or Quenton Nelson. I'm not going to pass up the best WR prospect in years for a developmental tackle at pick 4. That being said Gettleman is an idiot.
    I never said Gettleman was good at his job lol. He's pretty damn good at player evaluation, but extremely mediocre at team building and seems to have no conception whatsoever of relative value. And he's a huge asshole to boot. Blows my mind that he still has a job (I don't live in NJ anymore but I did for a while and a lot of my friends are Giants fans, so I still follow the team fairly closely).

What he should do and what he will do are rarely the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I never said Gettleman was good at his job lol. He's pretty damn good at player evaluation, but extremely mediocre at team building and seems to have no conception whatsoever of relative value. And he's a huge asshole to boot. Blows my mind that he still has a job (I don't live in NJ anymore but I did for a while and a lot of my friends are Giants fans, so I still follow the team fairly closely).

What he should do and what he will do are rarely the same thing.
    Nah I totally feel you. You and I are on the same page here I think. Honestly I love you today for how you handled the AB/Shas situation.

I've been reading this board for fucking...almost 12 years now I feel like. Used to have the Hall of Fame poster designation, but I had to re-brand haha.

If they want a WR then they should definitely be trying to trade down with a team who wants to leap frog Miami for a QB. Can easily get an extra 1, 2, and get one of Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb.

OT is also right in Gettleman's wheelhouse. You look at the teams he put together in Carolina, and the moves he's made since taking over in New York, he's always emphasized big tackles, a mobile QB, and defense (while neglecting WR). They tried with Solder, but he has definitely not lived up to his contract. And they need an RT either way. Meanwhile he gave Odell away for pennies on the dollar, and that 2015 Panthers team ran out Ted Ginn and Philly Brown as their starting WRs.

All that is to say, I think Jeudy would be a great pick for them (probably the best possible based on the board) but Wirfs or Becton (or a defensive player) seems far more like Gettleman's M.O.

Boy I do not like that board once the Ravens come around. I might take Jonathan Taylor in that event too.

(that means all the guys I like in Rd 1 were already taken)

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Boy I do not like that board once the Ravens come around. I might take Jonathan Taylor in that event too.

(that means all the guys I like in Rd 1 were already taken)
    I'd probably go with Blacklock, YGM, Mims, or Shenault (I know most have moved on from him as a first rounder but I still believe). But yeah if that's the board Taylor is a lot less objectionable. Vikings would make me pretty furious taking both Higgins and Epenesa lol

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I'd probably go with Blacklock, YGM, Mims, or Shenault (I know most have moved on from him as a first rounder but I still believe). But yeah if that's the board Taylor is a lot less objectionable. Vikings would make me pretty furious taking both Higgins and Epenesa lol
    I do believe Taylor's going to be a good player. There's a big six in the RB rankings this year (Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edwards-Helaire, Akers, Moss) and just about everybody has them listed in some order. Beyond that you're looking at Day 3 RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I do believe Taylor's going to be a good player. There's a big six in the RB rankings this year (Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edwards-Helaire, Akers, Moss) and just about everybody has them listed in some order. Beyond that you're looking at Day 3 RBs.
    Yeah, and I understand the desire to add a top guy given Ingram's age and the uncertainty around Hill (who I still love, btw). But I think even then day two is the sweet spot. I'd definitely prefer Edwards-Helaire at 92 over Taylor at 28, for example.