Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Jadeveon Clowney = Missing Piece?

Any chance the market for players like Clowney, Newton, and Winston is depressed out of uncertainty over the 2020 season? Are teams reluctant to commit anything near a $20M/year deal if it ends up being a shortened, or even cancelled season?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Any chance the market for players like Clowney, Newton, and Winston is depressed out of uncertainty over the 2020 season? Are teams reluctant to commit anything near a $20M/year deal if it ends up being a shortened, or even cancelled season?
    The uncertainty over their physical condition should be enough to make most teams pause for the first two. Winston is the loser on the musical chair game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Certainly I think there's a chance the COVID effect has at least a little to do with it. Already I believe it's caused many FAs to resign with their old teams, perhaps for less money than they could have gotten on a clear market.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I've read from a couple Ravens reporters that I respect...Zrebiec and Tony L to be specific so far...that while the Ravens FO respect his talent, they aren't fans of Clowney the person in the locker room...whatever that means.

I don't think he's an option at almost any price.
    It's time to move on from Clowney talks and this is the biggest reason. We heard about the same thing when he was traded to Seattle. Ain't happening, they don't want him.

Figured I would bring back this thread since we are one of only a handful of teams linked to Clowney over these last few days. Where do you all stand now on this possible acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Figured I would bring back this thread since we are one of only a handful of teams linked to Clowney over these last few days. Where do you all stand now on this possible acquisition?
    Can’t imagine anyone has swayed from their earlier positions. People on both sides seemed dug in pretty deep.

That said I don’t think anyone would be opposed to bringing him in on a prove it deal which is presumably the only way he’d land here.

Give him a prove it deal. It's May, so I'm sure that he has to be realizing that he's not going to get what he wants.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Give him a prove it deal. It's May, so I'm sure that he has to be realizing that he's not going to get what he wants.
    Clowney, Griffen or Golden on a cheapish short term deal would be great. Maybe Golden is our best shot at someone we can afford.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Late for Work 5/7: Ravens Reportedly Among Four Teams 'Expressing Interest' in Jadeveon Clowney :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...terest-in-jade

"The Ravens are one of four teams "expressing interest" in Clowney, according to Mark Berman of the FOX affiliate in Houston. The Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles are the others. Clowney told Berman he isn't ruling out re-signing with the Seattle Seahawks."

To Clowney or not to Clowney? Win now, or keep building? :

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-matthew-judon

"Brian McFarland @RavensSalaryCap
    This is where the Ravens stood Cap-wise just after the draft. Once the draft picks are all signed, that will drop to ~$8.3M. Since the draft, they've signed Ryan/Fluker/McPhee (terms yet to be disclosed). Once those 3 are added, it's probably down to ~$7M."

Personally, I agree with WNCRavensFan, "It's time to move on from Clowney talks" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Late for Work 5/7: Ravens Reportedly Among Four Teams 'Expressing Interest' in Jadeveon Clowney :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...terest-in-jade

"The Ravens are one of four teams "expressing interest" in Clowney, according to Mark Berman of the FOX affiliate in Houston. The Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles are the others. Clowney told Berman he isn't ruling out re-signing with the Seattle Seahawks."

To Clowney or not to Clowney? Win now, or keep building? :

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-matthew-judon

"Brian McFarland @RavensSalaryCap
    This is where the Ravens stood Cap-wise just after the draft. Once the draft picks are all signed, that will drop to ~$8.3M. Since the draft, they've signed Ryan/Fluker/McPhee (terms yet to be disclosed). Once those 3 are added, it's probably down to ~$7M."

Personally, I agree with WNCRavensFan, "It's time to move on from Clowney talks" ... Bc
    Two birds one stone. Sign Stanley to an extension to free up the 2020 cap room for a one year deal for Clowney.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Clowney, Griffen or Golden on a cheapish short term deal would be great. Maybe Golden is our best shot at someone we can afford.
    I don't see a cheap deal for Clowney. I see a market deal. Probably close to Z. Smith, Actually, Clowney, Smith and Judon, are all similar ages. I would argue that Judon and Smith are more durable at this time. With Smith weaker vs the run tag the other two... The longer Clowney holds out or is unsigned, the the better our Raven options get better on keeping Judon.

I think it could get done with either a Stanley or Judon extension included (not necessarily both). In all honesty, now that this has dragged out much longer than anyone anticipated, I'm pretty sure his market has diminished and us being in play is definitely a possibility. EDC is an aggressive GM and he's obviously loading up this roster for a serious run next year, while still keeping an eye on the future. The fact reports have us still sniffin' around makes me think it may be a legitimate possibility. I'd be all for it. I understand the pro's and con's from both sides on Clowney, but having a Judon, Campbell, Wolfe and Clowney front is pretty frickin' enticing to me. In my opinion, this roster is loaded as it is. Adding Clowney only strengthens it. Unlike some who post, I don't go through all the salary cap gymnastics on moves like these, so that's a non-starter for me. I have all the confidence in the world that will be addressed by DeCosta, Moriarity and Cass. If they pull the trigger, they'll have thought it out. JMO