Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Jadeveon Clowney = Missing Piece?

Say what you will about PFF grades, but Clowney was graded 87.3 last year. For reference, Mack was graded 86.2 and Judon 70.4

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Thanks yeah this really added to the conversation
    I like him but I don't see how it's possible.

Blog Entries

I've read from a lot of Texans fans that he gets penalties at the worst times. Too many almost sacks. Durability. I pass on him for what he is asking. Suggs or Matthews would go further per the gallon...

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Campbell is, quite literally, the definition of Elite. Your evaluations are really insanely lacking. Campbell got paid less because he's 33 and poised to be a lesser player in the future. At Clowneys age Campbell signed his elite level contract, albeit obviously lower than what todays contract would be (should be obvious but seems i really gotta spell this shit out for you)
    At least you edited you original response that revealed your true character. Fast enough for the mods, but not for me. You are permanently banned from my feed. Feel free to do the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he doesn't move the needle for me like he does for some of you guys. honestly rather have Suggs back in rotation on a cheaper deal
    Is this a legitimate thought of yours? I need whatever you've been taking during quarantine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    At least you edited you original response that revealed your true character. Fast enough for the mods, but not for me. You are permanently banned from my feed. Feel free to do the same to me.
    Uh what? What the christ are you talking about now. Massive baby brain

edit; ah i see that the mods removed my post telling you exactly what I think you can do for taking a completely unsolicited shot at me. I stand by my original response anyway.
    Last edited by JonAB; 03-25-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Say what you will about PFF grades, but Clowney was graded 87.3 last year. For reference, Mack was graded 86.2 and Judon 70.4
    Yea because Clowney is an elite player. The durability concerns are unfounded for me. Yea he missed his rookie season due to a knee injury, but since then he's played 71 games in five years (14 games per year). In those same five years he averages a little over 6 sacks a season. Seems low, but when you factor in double teams and his impact in the running game you see a much more complete player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Obviously I like Clowney but I have no dog in this fight between you and JonAB. And honestly I think you might have missed something here? I’ve been checking this thread pretty immediately every time a new post comes up (woo quarantine boredom) and the post you quoted from him is exactly how I saw it like, very quickly after it was posted. Maybe he was that fast, idk.

ETA I see now that’s not what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Yea because Clowney is an elite player. The durability concerns are unfounded for me. Yea he missed his rookie season due to a knee injury, but since then he's played 71 games in five years (14 games per year). In those same five years he averages a little over 6 sacks a season. Seems low, but when you factor in double teams and his impact in the running game you see a much more complete player.
    His win rate and pressures are also very high and are indicative of a much more disruptive pass rusher than his sack totals would indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Uh what? What the christ are you talking about now. Massive baby brain

edit; ah i see that the mods removed my post telling you exactly what I think you can do for taking a completely unsolicited shot at me. I stand by my original response anyway.
    When Shas has an opinion he feels strongly about, he has a tendency to dig his heels in, but he's good people and a smart guy. The comment about you "blowing your brains out" was uncalled for and seemingly unprompted but there's no need for this to get personal, from either side. I like both of you and it would suck if someone caught a ban over this lol

Obviously I like Clowney but I have no dog in this fight between you and JonAB. And honestly I think you might have missed something here? I’ve been checking this thread pretty immediately every time a new post comes up (woo quarantine boredom) and the post you quoted from him is exactly how I saw it like, very quickly after it was posted. Maybe he was that fast, idk.

ETA I see now that’s not what you meant.
    He knows what he wrote.

His win rate and pressures are also very high and are indicative of a much more disruptive pass rusher than his sack totals would indicate.
    Exactly. I don't understand how people are missing that. At this point in free agency any team can sign any player they want (more or less). If we have an actual shot at Clowney we need to take it...he would make this defense something else.