Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Proof of why we should select Mims

It's an Eagles-oriented page, but a comparison if Mims and Jefferson:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2020/03/...020-nfl-draft/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Love Mims but his drop rate over the past 2 years might be an issue for some teams. His Senior Bowl dominance will be hard to overlook.

I love Mims. If he or any one of Jefferson, Higgins or Raegor is there at 28 I'd be happy with the pick. At 55 I'd add Ayiuk and Shenault to that list.

I respect your strong opinion. My favorite (value-WR) in this draft, which I also feel we could grab in the 2nd round is Aiyuk, Arizona State. His versatility impresses me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o0-eFWtNUQ

I'd go Jefferson. More polished of all those, highest floor, production against top opposition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Love Mims but his drop rate over the past 2 years might be an issue for some teams.
    I don't trust any reported college drop rate.

I see Jefferson going in the 20-25 range. Probably to Philly. What I like about Aiyuk is he can be had later and has been extremely productive on a team that didn't have an All-American QB. He can also play and excel at ST's

Mims would be a nice addition, especially at 55 or 60. I don't think he fits as well at 28.

I'm fully expecting to see the Ravens to trade out of 28 into the 30s or early 40s and Mims would make sense there.

Claypool also fits that description.

I have zero inside info to lead me to this opinion, but I bet the Ravens have Claypool as the #4 wide receiver on their board. He fits the Ravens better than any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

I have zero inside info to lead me to this opinion, but I bet the Ravens have Claypool as the #4 wide receiver on their board. He fits the Ravens better than any other team.
    I think they might have him as their 1 or 2 TE if he commits to bulking up and learning how to block a little but if he stays at receiver I'd have him much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think they might have him as their 1 or 2 TE if he commits to bulking up and learning how to block a little but if he stays at receiver I'd have him much lower.
    It's not that far fetched of an idea.

Claypool is already as good blocker downfield. He might not have shown that as much in 2019 as 18, but he's skilled and willing. That's why I think he's so darn perfect for the Ravens. If we are continuing to play the pound you in the mouth type of football we saw last year, he offers you a lot. Put him on the edge and at 6-4/230 he's a total nightmare on running down. At 4.43 speed and good (not great hands), he's a matchup terror there too.

I think before he ran so fast, he was viewed as a late 2nd through late 3rd rounder. Now I'm seeing somewhere between 40-60. In most drafts, Claypool would be a viable 1st rounder. If the Ravens want him, they better act early.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    How many tall fast guys are we gonna draft before we finally get it right.
    They've never drafted a tall x receiver who uses physical releases and craftiness to separate on top of routes.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I love Mims. If he or any one of Jefferson, Higgins or Raegor is there at 28 I'd be happy with the pick. At 55 I'd add Ayiuk and Shenault to that list.
    Swap Shenault and Reagor, and yeah this is where I'm at.