Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Wish they got a ring

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    not sure how you can leave out Kelly Gregg and Jarret Johnson

as for #10. I often wonder what would have been had we not dumped Testeverde after the 97 season. He played until 04. Imagine the 99, 01, and 03 teams with him under center.
    Agreed on both points.

Especially if Vinnie had been used the way Parcells did in NJ. Here, Marchibroda said we lived and died on how Vinnie did and he choked. Parcells told him his job was to hand it off to Martin and make a few throws and they went to the AFCCG.

JJ and Buddy Lee are just behind McCrary on my all-time favourite Ravens list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepercreepermd View Post
    Here’s my list

Scott Mitchell
    Yamon Figurs
    Frank Walker
    Gino Gradkowski
    Travis Taylor
    Sergio Kindle
    Jeff Blake
    Travis Taylor has a ring (2000).
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

3. Re: Wish they got a ring

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Travis Taylor has a ring (2000).
    Yup, he was on IR, as he got injured after having a breakout rookie performance consisting of two touchdowns versus the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 2 of the 2000 season. Just like Kelly Gregg, if one was on the team in some capacity, then it counts! In fact, Kelly Gregg could arguably have mattered more so, since he wasn't completely lost to an injury. Granted, TT actually did play in regular season games that year. Still, they both got rings...end of story!

That is regardless of what each independent individual fanatic considers for inclusion, according to their own set of rules! That kind of philosophy would be similar to how people pretend as if Anthony Levine didn't contribute to the 2012 season, prior to him eventually landing on IR. If a player received a ring, then there is no debate! This thread topic is literally titled, "Wish they got a ring". Meanwhile, posters keep mentioning Kelly Gregg, who does in fact have a ring!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 03-27-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepercreepermd View Post
    Here’s my list

Scott Mitchell
    Yamon Figurs
    Frank Walker
    Gino Gradkowski
    Travis Taylor
    Sergio Kindle
    Jeff Blake
    my brain hurts from that one

(IIRC Adalius was on the 2000 practice squad so he got a ring)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Gotta be Jarrett Johnson and Smitty for me. JJ was the epitome of what it meant to be a Raven. Agent 89 should have gotten one with the Panthers or Ravens. His attitude was something else.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

I've got two candidates :

(1 - Ravens) Todd Heap, whose body got banged around while catching passes from underperforming (an understatement) QBs.

(2 - personal) My sister-in-law. If some unsuspecting guy gave her a ring then maybe she would be off our hands and making someone else's life miserable.

... Bc

I forgot Steve Smith. He absolutely was one of my favorite players in the NFL most of his career. He is the epitome of a throwback guy. I loved him in a Ravens uni.

Heap sure had bad timing. Drafted one year AFTER the 2000 Super Bowl, released two years BEFORE the 2012 Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If the stories about McNair's "condition" in the 2006 playoff game are true, he doesn't belong on this list no matter how long it is.
    What "stories" are those?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    he got so drunk the night before the game Ray Lewis had to drag him out of bed and to the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    He was apparently hungover

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    he got so drunk the night before the game Ray Lewis had to drag him out of bed and to the stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    He was apparently hungover
    Don't know how I never heard that rumor before...interesting.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller