Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I do wonder if Winfield isn't being pushed up a little because of his father. For a while he was seen as a 1st round pick and I really didn't see that. I do think he can be taken now but Davis is definitely an alternative.
    Thank ya Cowled One! I have a few picks I like for the Ravens “graded” through 7rounds. I had Davis a few points higher. Patricia is a Defense guy. He should be able to get the most outa this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the 68th pick of the draft, the Jets continued to give Darnold better weapons by selecting Michael Pittman.

It was a tough decision between Chase Claypool and Michael Pittman. But Pittman is more polished and comes from a pass happy offense. Although I think Claypool has the higher ceiling here, I also think that he has the lower floor. He shocked the combine because his play at Notre Dame was not to those numbers and it makes me nervous picking an overly quick riser based on combine numbers alone and not necessarily the film. As much as I would prefer Claypool's upside, the Jets can't afford any more waiting or risk for Sam Darnold. I almost went in another direction hoping that one of them would be taken and I'd grab the other 11 picks later at 79. But we know how that usually works out! been there, done that and failed to get either.

Carolina OTC
    Miami on-deck

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    With the 68th pick of the draft, the Jets continued to give Darnold better weapons by selecting Michael Pittman.

It was a tough decision between Chase Claypool and Michael Pittman. But Pittman is more polished and comes from a pass happy offense. Although I think Claypool has the higher ceiling here, I also think that he has the lower floor. He shocked the combine because his play at Notre Dame was not to those numbers and it makes me nervous picking an overly quick riser based on combine numbers alone and not necessarily the film. As much as I would prefer Claypool's upside, the Jets can't afford any more waiting or risk for Sam Darnold. I almost went in another direction hoping that one of them would be taken and I'd grab the other 11 picks later at 79. But we know how that usually works out! been there, done that and failed to get either.

Carolina OTC
    Miami on-deck
    Great pick! I considered Pittman, but drafted K.J. Hamler for the Seahawks instead. In 2019 he became the go-to WR @ USC and hauled in 101 passes (1,275 yards) and 11 TDs. Sam Darnold needs all the help he can get and you've given it to him... Bc

With the 68th pick of the draft, the Jets continued to give Darnold better weapons. In a tough decision, the Jets select Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, USC. Maybe now someone on this team can catch a contested ball, something Robby Anderson was not very good at.

HotInHere is OTC for Carolina.
    If there’s one thing Breshad Perriman can do it’s catch contested balls. It was the uncontested ones where he got into trouble lol

With the 69th pick, the Carolina Panthers select Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida.

This would be prime trade-back territory for us. We really want to get some help with pass rush, and the choice was between Zuniga and Bradlee Anae. Zuniga is a higher ceiling guy. There are lots of question marks about his health, experience, and inconsistent play. But he definitely has the ceiling to be a defensive force in the NFL, so we are rolling the dice.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Clyde Edwards-Helaire gives off strong Ray Rice vibes and I think he’s great value here in the 3rd. I love pairing Hurts with a back with this much upside as a receiver. Clyde can split reps with Jordan Howard as a rookie before taking over as a true three down back in 2021 and beyond

I was wondering when and where Edwards-Helaire was going to go. The new MJD-Sproles? I am partial to tiny running backs having been one as a teenager for a year (back-up). I love this guy and think he will be a great success ala MJD in the NFL.

like a hybrid MJD/Sproles
    MJD strength and Sproles speed

I was wondering when and where Edwards-Helaire was going to go. The new Sproles? I am partial to tiny running backs having been one as a teenager for a year (back-up). I love this guy and think he will be a great success ala Sproles in the NFL.

I love Sproles, but Edwards-Helaire has him by two inches and a good 25 pounds. Pretty much the exact same frame as Rice. I really think he can be a feature back in this league.

Chargers are OTC. Better hurry before you miss out on Fromm.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I love Sproles, but Edwards-Helaire has him by two inches and a good 25 pounds. Pretty much the exact same frame as Rice. I really think he can be a feature back in this league.
    MJD but with Sproles agility. He's twitchy and I like that.

12. Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Can CEH pass-block? God knows, that wasn't a strong suit of Rice's game.