Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Are you serious? He’s mocked to the Ravens at 28 in like, half the mocks that are out there right now
    the only place where I see him 1st round at the moment is Walter (to NE) and CBS (to New Orleans). I like the kid. Drafttek has him rd 2 as do most others. I have him rd 2, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    the only place where I see him 1st round at the moment is Walter (to NE) and CBS (to New Orleans). I like the kid. Drafttek has him rd 2 as do most others. I have him rd 2, but that's me.
    Kiper and Pete Prisco both have had him to the Ravens repeatedly and TDN almost always has him in the first. TheRinger’s big board has Queen 17th. Some of those sources are great some less so but Queen in the first has become fairly common.

Queen or Murray are the chalkiest picks possible at 28 and Murray is gone.

Dcat can have a Rd 2 grade on him, I'm cool with that. There are some 1st round types that I have lower rd grades on too. Yetur Gross-Matos for example.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Dcat can have a Rd 2 grade on him, I'm cool with that. There are some 1st round types that I have lower rd grades on too. Yetur Gross-Matos for example.
    WNCR, don't beat yourself up on the Queens pick. IMo there were only two ILBs the Ravens should consider in the 1st round, Murray (who was already taken) and Queen. Good choice for combined talent and need... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    WNCR, don't beat yourself up on the Queens pick. IMo there were only two ILBs the Ravens should consider in the 1st round, Murray (who was already taken) and Queen. Good choice for combined talent and need... Bc
    Nah, not beating myself up t'all. Thanks for the concern though.

Queen does look dynamic on tape but I wouldn't be thrilled if this was the Ravens pick.

Firstly for positional value - we've filled this spot with street free agents and still had a top 5 defense. It just doesn't seem that important.
    Secondly because it seems to be a difficult position to scout - intelligence and instincts matter more than athleticism and it's hard to tell what they were being asked to do. First round linebackers have had a higher percentage of complete busts than any other position in the last decade. That's a big gamble to take.

For those reasons, I'd rather use a couple of lower round picks on the position than our most valuable asset.

I think that's the right pick with how the board felt. Was hoping for AJE, but he went to the Seahawks (which makes sense in real life - he's a great fit there).

Honestly, Queen has it all. 3 down LB, instincts, gets off blocks, true MIKE.

He's LB2 behind Simmons
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think that's the right pick with how the board felt. Was hoping for AJE, but he went to the Seahawks (which makes sense in real life - he's a great fit there).

Honestly, Queen has it all. 3 down LB, instincts, gets off blocks, true MIKE.

He's LB2 behind Simmons
    I hope so. A great ILB would really elevate our defense. I'm just scared of pre-draft linebacker evaluations because they're so often wrong.

Queen reminds me a lot of Roquan Smith. I have no idea how he’s been in Chicago but I loved him in the draft that year.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Queen reminds me a lot of Roquan Smith. I have no idea how he’s been in Chicago but I loved him in the draft that year.
    He's been disappointing, average at best, and he was top 10 pick, supposedly a sure fire star.
    That's exactly why the position scares me. The draft's always a gamble but ILB is the riskiest bet.

With the 29th pick in the RSR draft, the MFers who stole the ring off of Lamar Jackson's finger select Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama.

With Conklin leaving we really needed to address the o-line, but everything felt like a reach at this point. Diggs fills a need position and we expect him to start pretty soon in his NFL career.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Options for GB:
    Denzel Mims
    Lucas Niang
    Kenneth Murray

THoughts?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB