Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

I picked McKinney because Saints fans seem to want LB or DB in the first, so I picked a DB who can do a lot of LB things.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I picked McKinney because Saints fans seem to want LB or DB in the first, so I picked a DB who can do a lot of LB things.
    Lol, on cue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKinney was going to be my second pick for the Vikings but QtR sniped him.

Nonetheless, the Vikings have two very good safeties in Harrison Smith and Anthony Harris. Smith is getting old and Harris is on the franchise tag. Behind them? Zippo. Nada. Zero safeties under contract.

So they draft the other guy, Grant Delpit, S, LSU to inherit one of the starting roles by next season.

I'd have gone CB or WR for Minnesota given that they just lost 3 corners and Diggs last week.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'd have gone CB or WR for Minnesota given that they just lost 3 corners and Diggs last week.
    Took Justin Jefferson for WR. CB's an issue too. And IOL. And DL depth.

I’ve changed my mind about 17 times but I think I’ve almost made up my mind

I zig zagged repeatedly but in the end I was too excited about how monstrous Christian Wilkins and Neville Gallimore could be together

Blog Entries

With the 26th pick in the 2020 RSR Mock Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa.

I think after an underwhelming Combine he is underrated. Add in the Seahawks don't want to mess with the $20 Million Dollar Man (Clowney) anymore. While I think Yetur Gross-Matos may be a more popular pick, I'm a production man myself. In 2018/19 combined, Epenesa (6' 5" 280 lbs) racked up 22 sacks, 86 tackles, 8 FFS, and 7 PDs... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 03-27-2020 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Damn, I meant the 27th pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With the 26th pick in the 2020 RSR Mock Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa.

I think after an underwhelming Combine he is underrated. Add in the Seahawks don't want to mess with the $20 Million Dollar Man (Clowney) anymore. While I think Yetur Gross-Matos may be a more popular pick, I'm a production man myself. In 2018/19 combined, Epenesa (6' 5" 280 lbs) racked up 22 sacks, 86 tackles, 8 FFS, and 7 PDs... Bc
    Dammit

Queen is a very intersting pick here. I think this is the first time I've seen him go in rd 1, TBH. Can't wait to listen to you all discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Queen is a very intersting pick here. I think this is the first time I've seen him go in rd 1, TBH. Can't wait to listen to you all discuss this.
    Are you serious? He’s mocked to the Ravens at 28 in like, half the mocks that are out there right now

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    WNC hurriedly sends the card to GWNR, who sends the card to EDC, who sends the card to the card guy, who send the card to Roger Goddell.

With the 28th pick in the 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 the Baltimore Ravens select...

PATRICK QUEEN, LB, LSU

Queen gives the Ravens their next great ILB, a modern day ILB that can cover RBs and TEs as well or better than he plays forward. Queen is young (20), runs a 4.5, and had a monster year for the national champion LSU team, showing well in big games. Did I say LSU? I did didn't I? Sorry Ozzie, it's time to end the schneid.

Coincidentally, Queen becomes the third LSU player I've mock drafted this round! I didn't expect that.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Patric...020-144678342/

“We all saw in the national championship game...this guy really popped off the tape,” PFF said. “Had good range, had good quickness, but he went into (Indianapolis) and proved it. I think checking those boxes is very important. I know Isaiah Simmons lit the combine on fire but Patrick Queen still turned in a very good combine.”

In 2019, Queen logged 85 total tackles, 37 solo, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks, one interception and one fumble recovery in 15 games for LSU. However, despite putting up good numbers, he looked a little undersized on the game tape.

Upon closer inspection, PFF realized Queen put on some good size ahead of the combine and the, slightly, new-look Queen impressed.

“Yeah he was a guy who I was almost questionable about his weight,” PFF said. “Didn’t know he was listed in the 220s at LSU but he looked about 215 on tape. He just didn’t look big. He comes in at 229 though. That’s a good weight not really undersized for a linebacker in the NFL anymore. And that 4.5 (40 yard dash), 35 inch vertical, 10.5 broad jump...those are explosive numbers. That’s the kind of guy you want covering ground in the middle of your defense. I think he just basically signed his paycheck for a first round pick.”
    Now I will say this. Patrick Queen is NOT a traditional thumping ILB that is weak in coverage. That job will have to go to the other guy. Queen can definitely be pushed around by size, though he bulked up for the combine as stated. Fortunately the Ravens are very good at getting thumping ILBs even as UDFA... and have Otaro Alaka in house for example. Queen's skill set is much more rare.