Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Hurts over Jordan Love?.... Herbert to the Cowboys? .... LFG I'm here for it! Hahah

Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

So Dak appears to be standing pat at refusing to sign for anything less than the most ever and feels an obligation to do so:
    It also appears Jerry doesn’t think he’s worth that much. Classic standoff:
    Tom Brady was the guy I thought could let Jerry win. Pay him 2/60 and trade Dak to SD or TB for a high first, let them pay Dak top of market money. Everyone wins.

I’m not so sure he makes the move with no real chance to win now. Maybe drafting Herbert while playing Dak on the tag makes some sense, it not really...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Hurts over Jordan Love?.... Herbert to the Cowboys? .... LFG I'm here for it! Hahah
    So I took Wirfs at 5 knowing there were no trades and therefore feeling hopeful if not terribly optimistic that Herbert would fall to 18. Then that immediately went out the window when HotInHere took him at 7 to the Panthers. I mentioned Teddy just as commentary but that comment prompted HotInhere to ask to change his pick.

At that point I was confident Herbert would fall to 18, but decided I didn’t want to take him because that would be directly benefiting from the chaos I inadvertently caused lmao. So I decided to get weird with it and go with Hurts (who I also really like). I was really looking forward to justifying taking Hurts with Herbert still on the board, but then Belden swoops in out of the blue and picks Herbert for the Cowboys one spot before me anyway lolol

I did think about Love, but I decided to go with the guy who is great at football and has good physical traits over the guy who has great physical traits but kinda sucks at football lol

4. Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

This mock is nice and weird, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Nothing has been impossible to defend, though. There have been a few outside the box picks but none that have been completely unrealistic. I like it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I like it. More chaos, please.

The real draft never fits with the mock draft consensus anyway. This has as much chance of being accurate as all the experts plodding through the same players to the same teams again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

The real draft never fits with the mock draft consensus anyway. This has as much chance of being accurate as all the experts plodding through the same players to the same teams again and again.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to think about who I really want instead of where I think they go based on where they're ranked on sites.

I found Carolina's move weird, but we fixed that.

While it isn't what I would do, I think there's enough logic with the Hebert pick for me to be cool with it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I found Carolina's move weird, but we fixed that.

While it isn't what I would do, I think there's enough logic with the Hebert pick for me to be cool with it.
    Culex was definitely trying to implicitly equate it to his Jones pick last year (which tbh would’ve been a lot more defensible if he accepted my offer of the Patriots first round pick for Lamar) but it’s a completely different thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Culex was definitely trying to implicitly equate it to his Jones pick last year (which tbh would’ve been a lot more defensible if he accepted my offer of the Patriots first round pick for Lamar) but it’s a completely different thought process.
    How was I trying to do that? What I basically did was.. drafted a top 5 pick at #25.

If we did and Lamar obviously panning out we could be packaging our first plus Daniel Jones to move up into the top 15.

11. Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Oh I know. Going into the draft nobody had Clelin Ferrel going #4. Or Daniel Jones before Haskins. Anything can happen. That’s why I said “nice and weird” haha
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 03-26-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    How was I trying to do that? What I basically did was.. drafted a top 5 pick at #25.

If we did and Lamar obviously panning out we could be packaging our first plus Daniel Jones to move up into the top 15.
    Why would anyone be giving up that much value for Daniel Jones If he didn’t play all last year?