Page 1 of 54 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Why did I pick Jeudy for the Racialslurs at 2?

I thought a lot about doing an Arizona and picking Tua because I don't think Haskins will ever be a great QB but in the end the injury risk, with no medical testing, put me off.

I wanted a player who could help them win this year. They already have a strong D Line so I went offense rather than Chase Young so it came down to receiver or tackle. Both would help but I decided Jeudy and McLaurin opening things up for the running game and threatening the defense would help the quarterback more than a tackle would. Maybe.

I went for Jeudy rather than Lamb because a good route runner who can get open will provide more comfort and security to a young QB than a contested catch, outside receiver, YAC player.
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 03-24-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Re: 2020 RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Love Jeudy.. that's real high for a WR though

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Love Jeudy.. that's real high for a WR though
    But then most years there's a WR who turns out better than the number 2 pick so why not?

Hopkins > Joekel, Mike Evans > Greg Robinson, Amari > Mariota, Godwin/Juju > Trubisky, etc

Not taking Young is an extremely Washington move lol. If Young wasn’t there though Jeudy is definitely a worthy pick here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Not taking Young is an extremely Washington move lol. If Young wasn’t there though Jeudy is definitely a worthy pick here
    While QtR is the Washington GM, I think the Lions would be very happy with Chase Young @ #3 (if that's their choice)... Bc

Young there for me. Not replacing Haskins yet and not with the #2 overall pick. McLaurin and Harmon looking ok for Haskins. Can't pass on Young. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Can't pass on Young. IMO
    I know. I just didn't want another draft to go Burrows, Young at the top.

Ok... this is going to be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Why did I pickJeudy for the Racialslurs at 2?

I thought a lot about doing an Arizona and picking Tua because I don't think Haskins will ever be a great QB but in the end the injury risk, with no medical testing, put me off.

I wanted a player who could help them win this year. They already have a strong D Line so I went offense rather than Chase Young so it came down to receiver or tackle. Both would help but I decided Jeudy and McLaurin opening things up for the running game and threatening the defense would help the quarterback more than a tackle would. Maybe.

I went for Jeudy rather than Lamb because a good route runner who can get open will provide more comfort and security to a young QB than a contested catch, outside receiver, YAC player.
    You sure shocked the hell out of me with that pick.

They hit gold in last year's draft at WR with McLaurin and Harmon (who will emerge this year). But nothing better for your sophomore QB Haskins than another weapon. They have Quinn too who I think has potential.

Very interesting pick there. And it sucks for the Jets, so FU. :)

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I know. I just didn't want another draft to go Burrows, Young at the top.
    That is also fair. Having one of the top two picks this year can’t be all that fun cause they’ve been more or less etched in stone for months now. Can’t fault you for mixing it up

Obviously it doesn’t make a difference for this exercise because there are no trades but if this happened irl it would pretty much end any chance of Lamb falling into a range where the Ravens could trade up for him

Obviously it doesn’t make a difference for this exercise because there are no trades but if this happened irl it would pretty much end any chance of Lamb falling into a range where the Ravens could trade up for him
    No but maybe it drops Wirfs or Thomas or Chaisson as a result of a run on WR’s and QB’s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk