Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: help me out in my mock for Ravens

Great job! Maybe a TE or S for depth... a CB is always a solid choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Great job! Maybe a TE or S for depth... a CB is always a solid choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RB - AJ Dillon, Joshua Kelley
    WR - James Proche
    TE - Colby Parkinson, Jared Pinkney
    OT - Trey Adams, Jack Driscoll, Calvin Throckmorton
    DB - Brandon Jones (??)

Nice job so far DCat.

From here it's looking for depth and value. Even after your picks we'd still have room to double up at WR and ILB. We also need depth at OT, Safety and Slot Corner. Even a pass catching RB isn't out of the question.

yeah As the 5th goes along there will be more unfamiliarity with some of the available prospects. I always go into the fall believing Im going to be this total Saturday nerd,freak, but wind up watching a couple of games each week and recordings of the big names who once in a while play small schools in September.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    RB - AJ Dillon, Joshua Kelley
    WR - James Proche
    TE - Colby Parkinson, Jared Pinkney
    OT - Trey Adams, Jack Driscoll, Calvin Throckmorton
    DB - Brandon Jones (??)
    Throckmorton! He's a day 3 that I am hoping we get for real on Day 3. I watched him a bit. Staying far far away from Trey Adams. Big big bust potential. Do you think there will bbe a contract in the works for Stanley? 5th yr option? Probably smart to bring someone in just in case.

Who do you have behind Andrews now that Hurst is out? Is it Boyle? If i have to look it up, it's not good. Nick was from High Point Regional HS in during the time my kids were in high school in the same county. Big name player here. Career backup, and probably a short one. So yeah TE maybe. TBH, My intent was to deliver more than Bowden at WR. But the rd 1 trade up sacrificed that.
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-30-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Nice job so far DCat.

From here it's looking for depth and value. Even after your picks we'd still have room to double up at WR and ILB. We also need depth at OT, Safety and Slot Corner. Even a pass catching RB isn't out of the question.
    awesome. I thought you guys had Stanley locked up for years. oops. WTF? I'll probably go T unless there is a WR, TE, DB that stands out. The further this goes, the more of a guess or even worse rankings write ups. Thats why I play the team need game way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Throckmorton! He's a day 3 that I am hoping we get for real on Day 3. I watched him a bit. Staying far far away from Trey Adams. Big big bust potential. Do you think there will bbe a contract in the works for Stanley? 5th yr option? Probably smart to bring someone in just in case.

Who do you have behind Andrews now that Hurst is out? Is it Boyle? If i have to look it up, it's not good. Nick was from High Point Regional HS in during the time my kids were in high school in the same county. Big name player here. Career backup, and probably a short one. So yeah TE maybe. TBH, My intent was to deliver more than Bowden at WR. But the rd 1 trade up sacrificed that.
    mhmm, I've heard some good buzz surrounding Throckmorton though I haven't looked at him yet. Yes I believe a contract is in the works for Stanley but there's no issue for me to bring in another guy.

Yes - actually Boyle is TE1 by number of snaps with Andrews TE2. Boyle got paid a second contract and he is known around the league as being perhaps the best blocking TE in the NFL. Charles Scarff is currently TE3 by default. I definitely think the Ravens bring in some competition for Scarff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    awesome. I thought you guys had Stanley locked up for years. oops. WTF? I'll probably go T unless there is a WR, TE, DB that stands out. The further this goes, the more of a guess or even worse rankings write ups. Thats why I play the team need game way too much.
    I hope we lock Stanley up for years. It's more of a back up tackle we need because, behind the starters, we have no one on the roster other than the carcass of Andre Smith. I wouldn't say it's any more or less pressing than any of those other positions, really.

5.11 coming up. Throckmorton was sniped as well as Hightower and Porche at wr.

I'll wait till the later pick for a WR. I know who I want there. Filtering through other options. Chime in if you see something below you like. So if you care to see what is still on the board:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wwnf7gYyC96sZR-BTkr7YVdUSeNeauxKMowyTAlPFDc/edit?usp=sharing

wrong spreadsheet

LB Joe Bachie
    S Antoine Brooks
    RB AJ Dillon
    TE Jared Pinkney
    IDL Jason Strowbridge

I remember somebody on the board really likes Pinkney.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-31-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    wrong spreadsheet
    oops. Chose Dane Jackson who I think can develop into a nice nickel or slot corner. He's tenacious and pretty raw, so now is a good time to develop him. So here is what you got:

1 15 15 1050 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Derrick Brown Auburn IDL From Den.
    2 23 55 350 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Julian Okwara Notre Dame EDGE via NE thru ATL
    3 28 92 132 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Malik Harrison Ohio St. LB
    3 42 106 82 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Logan Stenberg Kentucky IOL
    4 23 129 43 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Lynn Bowden Kentucky WR via NE
    4 28 134 38.5 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Damien Lewis LSU IOL
    5 11 157 28.2 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Dane Jackson Pittsburgh CB via ATL
    5 24 170 23 Baltimore Ravens Dcat via MIN
    7 11 225 1.2 Baltimore Ravens Dcat via NYJ

traded 170 & 225 for 188 and 198. Was trying not to give up that 7th round pick, but in the end only one taker. There are about 5-6 guys I have my eye on and I'd like to get 2 of them. I think by 7.11 all of them could be gone, so by using 6.09 & 6.19, I have a better chance of snagging two.

One of the ones I was looking at got taken one pick later at 171: Trevis Gipson. The moment he was taken, I had second thoughts about the trade, but we'll see if it pans out. I'd still like to get another pick. Can never have enough darts.