Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preppers

Re: Preppers

When you make your “bug out” bag....try for 3 days per person. Life straw is bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Get yourself a flare gun. Then you get yourself one of these :

Flare gun is 100% legal to have on you all times. It fits in every “bug out “ bag. One small box of .45 rounds , one small box .410 shells( bird) and one box of .410 slugs is all you need for basic survival AND basic protection in a SHTF situation.

Aren't most flare guns 12 gauge? Oh nmind. I see what it is. It's an adapter for big boy ammo.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 03-31-2020 at 08:11 AM.

We haven't talked about survival knives on here have we? That would be cool if someone chimed in on that. I bought a nice one on Ebay last year. I'm not sure it's as big as I would like but looks like it would be good for preparing food while cooking. Generally a really good camping knife.

I'm thinking for survival maybe something bigger would be nice as the blade on this is only 4.5"

The other thing I was wanting to bring up was takedown rifles. Anyone own one of those? I was thinking about getting one last year. They are not going to knock anyone down obviously but would be fun for target shooting and handy for hunting small game for sure. Plus cheap ammo!

Speaking of which.... Is it getting hard to get 22LR ammo again? That sh** got impossible to get during the Obama admin. I have not looked in a long time though. Wasn't something really weird going on with the government buying Ammo during his admin?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm thinking for survival maybe something bigger would be nice as the blade on this is only 4.5"
    This is the wrong forum for that kind of talk. This is a family place pal!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This is the wrong forum for that kind of talk. This is a family place pal!
    My knife has shrinkage!!!!

Blog Entries

My knife has shrinkage!!!!

Blog Entries

We haven't talked about survival knives on here have we? That would be cool if someone chimed in on that. I bought a nice one on Ebay last year. I'm not sure it's as big as I would like but looks like it would be good for preparing food while cooking. Generally a really good camping knife.

I have an Essee as well. It’s awesome. It’s a 3” blade with a slight recurve in it.

I also have my wife’s grandfather’s standard issue USN WW2 knife.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The other thing I was wanting to bring up was takedown rifles. Anyone own one of those? I was thinking about getting one last year. They are not going to knock anyone down obviously but would be fun for target shooting and handy for hunting small game for sure. Plus cheap ammo!

Speaking of which.... Is it getting hard to get 22LR ammo again? That sh** got impossible to get during the Obama admin. I have not looked in a long time though. Wasn't something really weird going on with the government buying Ammo during his admin?
    5.56 ammo around 55grain isn’t too expensive.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have an Essee as well. It’s awesome. It’s a 3” blade with a slight recurve in it.

I also have my wife’s grandfather’s standard issue USN WW2 knife.

My current go to survival knife is the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate knife.

Few years back when I was in a bind financially I sold my favoorite knife which was my Gerber BMF. That knife was the best knife I have ever owned. I sold multiple guns before I would sell that knife but family needs came first, needed some extra christmas money and I had to part with it.

I will be buying one of those again with my final paycheck from my PT job when ever I decide I am not working it any longer. It was painful letting that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Get yourself a flare gun. Then you get yourself one of these :

Flare gun is 100% legal to have on you all times. It fits in every “bug out “ bag. One small box of .45 rounds , one small box .410 shells( bird) and one box of .410 slugs is all you need for basic survival AND basic protection in a SHTF situation.

Any particular "flare guns" you recommend?

Any particular "flare guns" you recommend?
    Gotta be a metal one ...obviously. I have a H&K P2A1 I bought on eBay for $100. It’s old / surplus military. There is a German Geco one ( $200) and a polish version ($60 and up). Easy to get parts if in illrepair ( Sportamans guide!).

Here’s mine.