Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Preppers

Re: Preppers

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Lots of ranges in and around Annapolis. Ft Meade has a nice indoor range on 175.

I’d def recommend a standard pump shotgun to anyone not currently a gun owner and familiar with them. No real need to aim and actually the sound of that slide will generally make an”intruder” stop in their tracks.

As far as “Doomsday prepping”.....eh. Still think that’s much ado about nothing. Being prepared is great. But being crazy about it is just nuts. I’m glad we moved to the country before all this. I do have some “prep “ stuff. Solar panels to keep my freezer/fridge running. And my well. We containered a shit ton of water when this started. Mostly for the dogs , chickens and such but we have it in case.

TP isn’t an issue as long as you have water and soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely considering a propane generator when things calm down to keep the well running

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Wicked, you and I have been on this forum for awhile and I think we both recall each other talking about homesteading/living off grid is the way we'd preferred to live anyway, so this isn't a panicked response to what's going.

But to answer the question,, I wish I had taken it more seriously now!
    Id love a thread on living off grid. Out here in Arkansas you can find land pretty cheap and i would love to make an attempt to build a cabin on some land. On instagram i follow a lot of those shippen container building companies. Just dont know what i would do without my video games and football so internet access would be a must
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Id love a thread on living off grid. Out here in Arkansas you can find land pretty cheap and i would love to make an attempt to build a cabin on some land. On instagram i follow a lot of those shippen container building companies. Just dont know what i would do without my video games and football so internet access would be a must
    Start with cell phone provider that can /does also have “home internet “ or WiFi avail. That way you get a solid WiFi to use.

Blog Entries

Solar Panel!

Dead serious, start watching "homestead rescue" on discovery channel. It's a reality show, but there's some good knowledge and ideas on there.

Start with cell phone provider that can /does also have “home internet “ or WiFi avail. That way you get a solid WiFi to use.

Definitely something i would look into, but i doubt ill ever be financially able to

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Solar Panel!

Dead serious, start watching "homestead rescue" on discovery channel. It's a reality show, but there's some good knowledge and ideas on there.
    Yea i watch a lot of random stuff on youtube and what not, but im still oblivious to it. Solar seems the best way.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Wifi for gaming? This is madness.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Definitely something i would look into, but i doubt ill ever be financially able to

Yea i watch a lot of random stuff on youtube and what not, but im still oblivious to it. Solar seems the best way.
    I used to work with a really smart guy that was a DIY guy and was looking to buy a property to become self sufficient and one of the things he wanted was a stream so he could put in a little hydro-electric generator. I think they just have an intake pipe and divert enough water to move a turbine. Not sure exactly how they are designed but that seemed like it would generate a lot more power consistently than Solar.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I used to work with a really smart guy that was a DIY guy and was looking to buy a property to become self sufficient and one of the things he wanted was a stream so he could put in a little hydro-electric generator. I think they just have an intake pipe and divert enough water to move a turbine. Not sure exactly how they are designed but that seemed like it would generate a lot more power consistently than Solar.
    Def more power available! You can make one really simply with a car alternator and power inverter. Solar requires less work.

I’d use every resource available

If things got so bad that you needed to be prepped for an apocalypse, I don’t think there would be any football to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    If things got so bad that you needed to be prepped for an apocalypse, I don’t think there would be any football to watch
    Not talking about for an Apocalypse really, just how I'd like to love "off grid."

Sidenote, if something like that did happen, how helpless would most superstars be when money doesn't have much meaning anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Anyone strongly thinking about taking doomsday prepping a little more seriously after this?

I am.

I dont know that we will go buy some bug out property somewhere, but I can definitely see some reasons why owning property out in West Virginia or a fairly secluded place could be desirable.

However, storing things like non-perishable items and shelf-stable food items is definitely something to think about. Weapons and ammunition, for sure.

Yes you must think like I do. I was looking up supplies and bags on ebay just today.

There is a cool prepper forum message board I found few years back that I used to read all the time. Struggling to recall the name of the board at the moment but there was this sexy ass woman prepper called (Blackbettypreps) on there she has few youtube videos. Check her out she is my kind of woman!

I will definitely be creating multiple bug out bags for me and family members after all this bullshit. I am someone who always likes to be prepared and I was not at all prepared for this crap.

Get yourself a flare gun. Then you get yourself one of these :

Flare gun is 100% legal to have on you all times. It fits in every “bug out “ bag. One small box of .45 rounds , one small box .410 shells( bird) and one box of .410 slugs is all you need for basic survival AND basic protection in a SHTF situation.