Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

I really want to do some masonry work. I have zero experience with it but I feel like building an outdoor fireplace/chimney would be enjoyable. I have a dream of building an outdoor pavilion with a fireplace and outdoor cooking/food prep area. So TV, fireplace, kitchen with little bar area so one side you could be preparing food while people sat on stools on other side and had cocktails or whatever. I know it will never happen but that would be fun. Anyone do anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Cause I live in a neighborhood I’ve gotta keep it small. We got four, one for each person. Mine is a Golden laced something or other. Wife’s is a Grand Brahama (or something) and my girls have Buff Orphingtons
    Nothing wrong with that. Fresh eggs and meat is soo much better for you. My girls actually make soo many eggs I bring them to the guys I work with. Meat I keep lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I really want to do some masonry work. I have zero experience with it but I feel like building an outdoor fireplace/chimney would be enjoyable. I have a dream of building an outdoor pavilion with a fireplace and outdoor cooking/food prep area. So TV, fireplace, kitchen with little bar area so one side you could be preparing food while people sat on stools on other side and had cocktails or whatever. I know it will never happen but that would be fun. Anyone do anything like that?
    Beauty of an idea. Sadly no ..not that kinda Mason. Lol. Friend is. He’s got a set up similar to what you want. If I think about it tomorrow I’ll have him shot me a pic or two and post for ya.

4. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

I built a wood-fired brick oven at my place that we moved from last year, so we no longer have one to use, but I already have plans to build something similar. This time, it'll be more of a combo outdoor fireplace, grill and smoker. As soon as I get done the few things I'm working on now, I'm going to get that started. I'll see if I can attach a pic of the one I built. Attachment 5244

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I built a wood-fired brick oven at my place that we moved from last year, so we no longer have one to use, but I already have plans to build something similar. This time, it'll be more of a combo outdoor fireplace, grill and smoker. As soon as I get done the few things I'm working on now, I'm going to get that started. I'll see if I can attach a pic of the one I built. Attachment 5244
    Wow, that's really nice.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

6. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow, that's really nice.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

That's impressive sir.

8. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's impressive sir.
    Thank you. We miss it, especially the bread making.

That's beautiful. Truly impressive.

Something told me someone posting on here had done something like that. This place constantly amazes me that way how creative, industrious and resourceful people on here are. It's humbling and inspiring.

10. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

That's beautiful. Truly impressive.

Something told me someone posting on here had done something like that. This place constantly amazes me that way how creative, industrious and resourceful people on here are. It's humbling and inspiring.
    Thank you for your kind words. If you're into that kind of stuff (woodfired brick ovens, etc.) Check out fornobravo.com There's a forum on there I go to quite a bit. Lots of builders on there, (including yours truly), most of which had no experience at all and they build some impressive ovens, outdoor kitchens, etc. Good place to learn a lot about it all.

Blog Entries

Made some birdhouse kits this morning out of a cedar plank. Got my son to help me with the first one. We’ll see if he wants to do the second.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

12. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Made some birdhouse kits this morning out of a cedar plank. Got my son to help me with the first one. We’ll see if he wants to do the second.

Nice looking work there, Wicked. I hope the birds appreciate it.

I've been working on some carpenter bee boxes, since they (bees) are out already here. I have quite a bit of scrap 1x12 roughsawn pine to use up, anyway. I have mine that I put this time of year, but love using up the leftover wood and just give them to people. Seems every spring I make about 5-10 of them and they always get claimed by someone.