Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast

Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Or.....BustofPollex
    Thumb like new. It healed nice due to good stichwork from neighbor.

Bee traps filling up. Got around 7 yesterday. Two have zero bees and I think need to be moved

I pulled the trigger on a Weber grill too. The Spirit II three burner. It has a caster Iron body and stainless steel burners. The cover on that one is flimsier than the next model up but the covers usually aren't what rusts out. I like the fact the gas bottle hangs off the side where you can turn it on and off quick and the two big wheels instead of 4 casters is important to me because sometimes you want to move your grill and having two big wheels makes that easier. The next model up the gas bottle was hidden underneath and that would mean opening it up, bending down, turning on gas etc.. It was also 4 casters which would have been fine if it was going to stay on a deck but we end up rolling our grill around the side of the house a couple times a year for parties and that means rolling through grass, up and down off of poured concrete pool deck etc..

I added a 10 sq foot addition to my existing garden box this morning before work. The zuchini and cucumbers can go there and fight for space. I'm going to plant peppers where they used to go. Should open the garden up a bit so it takes longer for the veg plants to completely grown on top of each other, lol. Bought maybe 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

Bee traps filling up. Got around 7 yesterday. Two have zero bees and I think need to be moved

I pulled the trigger on a Weber grill too. The Spirit II three burner. It has a caster Iron body and stainless steel burners. The cover on that one is flimsier than the next model up but the covers usually aren't what rusts out. I like the fact the gas bottle hangs off the side where you can turn it on and off quick and the two big wheels instead of 4 casters is important to me because sometimes you want to move your grill and having two big wheels makes that easier. The next model up the gas bottle was hidden underneath and that would mean opening it up, bending down, turning on gas etc.. It was also 4 casters which would have been fine if it was going to stay on a deck but we end up rolling our grill around the side of the house a couple times a year for parties and that means rolling through grass, up and down off of poured concrete pool deck etc..

I added a 10 sq foot addition to my existing garden box this morning before work. The zuchini and cucumbers can go there and fight for space. I'm going to plant peppers where they used to go. Should open the garden up a bit so it takes longer for the veg plants to completely grown on top of each other, lol. Bought maybe 3 weeks.
    Your thumb should be in good shape, what with all the breastwork the guys does. Practice makes perfect, right?

The bees seem to like the warm, sunny sides of my house. That's where the traps usually go. It took me a year or two to learn their habits. Now, I'm on 'em like white on rice.. Well, me and the barn swallows. I haven't had one touch my siding for a few years now. I'll leave the traps up until around the middle of June or so.

I planted my garden last week. It's not real big, maybe 20' x 20'. We're more into berries and such. We have lots of wild blueberries here and they are covered in flowers this year. More than we've ever seen. We also have lots of raspberries and regular blueberries growing. My wife loves her rhubarb and it's going gangbusters again. We have so much that we struggle to give away what we don't use. She usually takes it to work. I don't care for it. This year should be a banner year for darn near everything.

Finished pic of the tilework I just finished. All grouted, caulked, etc. Wife's all happy now. She's wanted that done for awhile.

cabsplash3.jpg

Your thumb should be in good shape, what with all the breastwork the guys does. Practice makes perfect, right?

The bees seem to like the warm, sunny sides of my house. That's where the traps usually go. It took me a year or two to learn their habits. Now, I'm on 'em like white on rice.. Well, me and the barn swallows. I haven't had one touch my siding for a few years now. I'll leave the traps up until around the middle of June or so.

I planted my garden last week. It's not real big, maybe 20' x 20'. We're more into berries and such. We have lots of wild blueberries here and they are covered in flowers this year. More than we've ever seen. We also have lots of raspberries and regular blueberries growing. My wife loves her rhubarb and it's going gangbusters again. We have so much that we struggle to give away what we don't use. She usually takes it to work. I don't care for it. This year should be a banner year for darn near everything.
    I would love to do blueberries and raspberries. I may build another box for them. I've seen people net their entire berry bushes to keep birds out. One thing about rasberries is I hear they grow like mad and spread all over the place. I have plenty enough real estate for them though.

I would love to do blueberries and raspberries. I may build another box for them. I've seen people net their entire berry bushes to keep birds out. One thing about rasberries is I hear they grow like mad and spread all over the place. I have plenty enough real estate for them though.
    Yeah, they do spread by runners. But they can be controlled. We're not into the nets, as birds get caught in them quite a bit. There is plenty for us all, as we get all we can handle. It sure is nice walking outside to pick a bowl of them in the morning, fresh. The strawberries are ripe here right now and I'm heading down to a place not far away to pick some in the morning. Yum.

Yeah, they do spread by runners. But they can be controlled. We're not into the nets, as birds get caught in them quite a bit. There is plenty for us all, as we get all we can handle. It sure is nice walking outside to pick a bowl of them in the morning, fresh. The strawberries are ripe here right now and I'm heading down to a place not far away to pick some in the morning. Yum.
    I just saw some really cool box gardens with simple trellis's that looked like a good place to plant raspberries. Line it with landscape fabric and it would probably be good to go. Maybe I'll find the motivation to do that this weekend.

Finished pic of the tilework I just finished. All grouted, caulked, etc. Wife's all happy now. She's wanted that done for awhile.

cabsplash3.jpg
    That looks great

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Have the feeling we will be doing the new grill maneuver at the end of the summer. Have my dad's old weber genesis and the bottom finally rusted out.

Curious about the grill wicked got this time maybe.

May replace an outlet in my basement that has the most sensitive gfci I've ever seen (goes off when the well treatment comes on sometimes).

Also finally got an amp and echo input for the backyard so I can stop having to haul up a receiver from the basement every time I want music.

Not really honey do, but ordered the stuff to get my computer set up to stream my old Playstation and ps2 games to any TV in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That looks great

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    May replace an outlet in my basement that has the most sensitive gfci I've ever seen (goes off when the well treatment comes on sometimes).

Also finally got an amp and echo input for the backyard so I can stop having to haul up a receiver from the basement every time I want music.

Not really honey do, but ordered the stuff to get my computer set up to stream my old Playstation and ps2 games to any TV in the house!

Is the gfci outlet just a regular gfci receptacle someone put in or is it on a circuit w/a gfci breaker in the panel?

Is the gfci outlet just a regular gfci receptacle someone put in or is it on a circuit w/a gfci breaker in the panel?
    Just a receptacle with gfci built in.