Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yes! Scrounger's Paradise. That's the place I couldn't remember. We went there last summer as well. That was an awesome spot.

We ate at Moe's prior to going there.
    Yep. I know Moe's pretty well. It's right down the street from Scroungers. Good pulled pork sandwiches.

2. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    wicked: Wondering how you're able to post several pics. Are you going from your computer or hosting?

I'm getting the over the file size limit warnings. Tried to resize with no luck.

Great job on your project.
    I was having the same problem for quite a while. I went into my settings, where it says "attachments", deleted all the pics it was saving in there and then was able to upload a photo yesterday.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Thanks, blueridgemtnman!

Got so bored last week, I re-arranged everything in the basement sports room. Took forever. Removed and dusted all my Ravens, O's, Terps, BALTIMORE Colts & DeMatha Stags collectibles, and put everything back.

Attachment 5272

Attachment 5273

Attachment 5274

Attachment 5275

Attachment 5276

Attachment 5277
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 04-06-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Had a couple more, but they won't post. That's most of the shrine.

OK, giving up on attachments Work for a few minutes, then say invalid.

Re-edit. Now they work. WTF
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 04-06-2020 at 07:01 PM.

5. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Thanks, blueridgemtnman!

Got so bored last week, I re-arranged everything in the basement sports room. Took forever. Removed and dusted all my Ravens, O's, Terps, BALTIMORE Colts & DeMatha Stags collectibles, and put everything back.

Attachment 5272

Attachment 5273

Attachment 5274

Attachment 5275

Attachment 5276

Attachment 5277
    Thanks for sharing!! That's pretty impressive!

Blog Entries

Thanks, blueridgemtnman!

Attachment 5272

Attachment 5273

Attachment 5274

Attachment 5275

Attachment 5276

Attachment 5277
    That's a lot of dusting. Very nice collection.

I took time from finishing fence gate Sunday to build 5 of these since carpenter bees were EVERYWHERE in my back yard and I wanted to protect my new section of fence.

I saw I caught one bee yesterday morning and that was quickly followed by two. I had heard that once you get one you are likely to get more but I think that might just mean your placement of the trap was good. This one was the closest to my house and higher up than the others. I think if you want to do these putting them up under and eave near your house or porch is probably a good bet. When I saw I had two here I immediately moved two other traps that were lower and on an old section of fence on this same uncut post..

Bottom line. These simple bee traps work.

Last edited by BustOfPallas; 04-10-2020 at 10:53 AM.

8. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I took time from finishing fence gate Sunday to build 5 of these since carpenter bees were EVERYWHERE in my back yard and I wanted to protect my new section of fence.

I saw I caught one bee yesterday morning and that was quickly followed by two. I had heard that once you get one you are likely to get more but I think that might just mean your placement of the trap was good. This one was the closest to my house and higher up than the others. I think if you want to do these putting them up under and eave near your house or porch is probably a good bet. When I saw I had two here I immediately moved two other traps that were lower and on an old section of fence on this same uncut post..

They sure do. I've been making and using them for about 15 years or so. I put them out around the middle of March and take them down around the middle of June every year. I usually average around 75-100 every spring. They work like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    They sure do. I've been making and using them for about 15 years or so. I put them out around the middle of March and take them down around the middle of June every year. I usually average around 75-100 every spring. They work like a charm.
    The first one is the hard one .

Thanks for the tip.

10. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

The last five or so years, right at this time, we have some barn swallows around our place. They're prolific flyers and fun to watch while they catch and eat bugs out of the air. They are also catching the carpenter bees and chowing down on them. Between them and the traps I have out, any bees around my place are toast. I'll be standing still, watching a bee hover in mid air, probably contemplating checking out a trap, then a swallow swoops in for the kill, before it evens gets to the trap. Quite the spectator sport, I must say. Cold beer and some tunes, to go along.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    The last five or so years, right at this time, we have some barn swallows around our place. They're prolific flyers and fun to watch while they catch and eat bugs out of the air. They are also catching the carpenter bees and chowing down on them. Between them and the traps I have out, any bees around my place are toast. I'll be standing still, watching a bee hover in mid air, probably contemplating checking out a trap, then a swallow swoops in for the kill, before it evens gets to the trap. Quite the spectator sport, I must say. Cold beer and some tunes, to go along.
    One more reason to feed the birds. We are avid bird feeders and they really take care of many pests.

Only downside is they sometimes crap on any car not in the garage; and ALWAYS immediately after spend 3 hours waxing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

So, I see wood shavings in the bottle. I'm assuming that is from the bee? Do you connect the holes to the opening where the bottle is placed? Or, just drill the exterior holes at an angle and the bee does it's thing carving the rest of it out?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.