Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast
  1. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Just a receptacle with gfci built in.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I thought maybe that's what it was. I had the same issue a few years back. Ironically, it was where I had a water treatment system installed where there was no power, so I installed a receptacle there and figured, what the heck, might as well install a GFCI. After I started having issues, I replaced it and it worked ok for awhile, but started acting up again, so I called an electrician buddy and talked to him about it. He said it can be quite a few reasons, including something on the circuit being the root cause, an overloaded circuit, etc. There were quite a few things, he said. Long story short, after he checked a few things out, he ended up installing a GFCI breaker in the panel on that circuit and it fixed the problem. I'm not saying that's your issue, just relaying my experience w/mine. Since that's a relatively cheap potential fix, (changing out the receptacle) it's the way to go, I'd say. Best of luck to you.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when he installed the GFCI breaker in the panel, he upped the breaker. I'm not sure, but I think it had a 20 and he installed a 30 (?). He explained that the water treatment system was probably drawing too many amps for that existing circuit and it would probably fix it, since it wasn't originally on the circuit, but added.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-18-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Has anyone else tried to do a order online and curbside pickup at Home Depot of Lowe’s? I just tried to order some and Home Depot said they are taking like 6 days to fill orders. Terrible. They did make it easy to cancel online though, better than what I could say for lowes

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Has anyone else tried to do a order online and curbside pickup at Home Depot of Lowe’s? I just tried to order some and Home Depot said they are taking like 6 days to fill orders. Terrible. They did make it easy to cancel online though, better than what I could say for lowes
    My Home Depot fulfills orders pretty quick. I ordered a grill Saturday night and it was ready Sunday. Took a day or so to put together another order of hardware for me i.e. nuts bolts washers etc..

Is what you ordered in stock?
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 05-19-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My Home Depot fulfills orders pretty quick. I ordered a grill Saturday night and it was ready Sunday. Took a day or so to put together some hardware for me i.e. nuts bolts washers etc..

Is what you ordered in stock?
    It was. We tried to order with mulch too previously, but online said they didn’t have enough bags in stock, which we knew wasn’t true cause we could see the mulch when we drove by

Blog Entries

That sucks. I've had lots of success doing curbside pickup orders at my local HD.

Typically within an hour or two I'll get a notice that my order is ready to pick up.

I have noticed that on the weekends, it is longer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It was. We tried to order with mulch too previously, but online said they didn’t have enough bags in stock, which we knew wasn’t true cause we could see the mulch when we drove by
    Here in Frederick, the HD is only allowing 100 people in the store at any given time.

I've found that if I pop in early in the morning, I can get in and out without any issues. If they have the mulch you want, you could just swing into the HD in the morning, tell them what you want to buy, pay for it, and then go load it up.

Also...just something else to consider...if you're looking for mulch/top soil/compost, check around your area. You may find some local landscaping companies or nurseries that have a good supply of that stuff and can deliver it to your house. I have a full size truck, so I went and they loaded the back of my truck up. $20 for a full truckload of compost/top garden soil. Way cheaper than buying bags from a big box store.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here in Frederick, the HD is only allowing 100 people in the store at any given time.

I've found that if I pop in early in the morning, I can get in and out without any issues. If they have the mulch you want, you could just swing into the HD in the morning, tell them what you want to buy, pay for it, and then go load it up.

Also...just something else to consider...if you're looking for mulch/top soil/compost, check around your area. You may find some local landscaping companies or nurseries that have a good supply of that stuff and can deliver it to your house. I have a full size truck, so I went and they loaded the back of my truck up. $20 for a full truckload of compost/top garden soil. Way cheaper than buying bags from a big box store.
    We looked into delivery, we had to get 3 cubic yards minimums and the wait was like a week. Then some stay at home stuff was lifted and now it’s 5 yards minimum. We got it at HD, it was just more of a hassle then it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I thought maybe that's what it was. I had the same issue a few years back. Ironically, it was where I had a water treatment system installed where there was no power, so I installed a receptacle there and figured, what the heck, might as well install a GFCI. After I started having issues, I replaced it and it worked ok for awhile, but started acting up again, so I called an electrician buddy and talked to him about it. He said it can be quite a few reasons, including something on the circuit being the root cause, an overloaded circuit, etc. There were quite a few things, he said. Long story short, after he checked a few things out, he ended up installing a GFCI breaker in the panel on that circuit and it fixed the problem. I'm not saying that's your issue, just relaying my experience w/mine. Since that's a relatively cheap potential fix, (changing out the receptacle) it's the way to go, I'd say. Best of luck to you.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when he installed the GFCI breaker in the panel, he upped the breaker. I'm not sure, but I think it had a 20 and he installed a 30 (?). He explained that the water treatment system was probably drawing too many amps for that existing circuit and it would probably fix it, since it wasn't originally on the circuit, but added.
    What kind of system did you have? We have an acid neutralizer and a uv lamp on it.

Home depot by my house had my order next day, but as far as I could tell they don't do curbside

10. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    What kind of system did you have? We have an acid neutralizer and a uv lamp on it.

It sounds a lot like what you have. I forget what the amperage is, but the electrician was a bit surprised to see how much it drew. He was fairly confident that was the problem and it hasn't flipped since. He did say, however, that it wasn't a bad idea to try a new receptacle, since they do make faulty ones. It just didn't fix my issue. Hope you have better luck.

I am thinking about building a post and beam pavilion in my back yard. Of course it starts with good footings. Anyone know the frostline requirements in MD? I'm seeing 30" but that seems like overkill. I think it's between 20" and 30" in the northern part of the state and 20" in the southern half.

Anyone done this? Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe buy a kit to make life easier. Seems like cheating though, lol.

12. Re: Honey-Do Lists/Projects

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I am thinking about building a post and beam pavilion in my back yard. Of course it starts with good footings. Anyone know the frostline requirements in MD? I'm seeing 30" but that seems like overkill. I think it's between 20" and 30" in the northern part of the state and 20" in the southern half.

Anyone done this? Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe buy a kit to make life easier. Seems like cheating though, lol.
    I know it used to be 30" when I lived there, but it may have changed. That was Carroll/Balt. Co. I found this:

"The frost line in most parts of Maryland (the depth at which ground water freezes) is about 30 inches, which is also the regulated minimal footing depth in the Baltimore County."