Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Clay Matthews on the market again

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Sounds like Suggs his last couple of years here.
    If the Ravens do pick up Clay Matthews they shouldn't start him. He'll need to be used as a rotation player on passing downs. Maybe then he'll be effective the back half of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Didn't he just sign with the Chiefs for the playoffs after Arizona cut him?
    They claimed him on waivers, so it was the contract he agreed to with the Cardinals.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

With a bit more cap room in signing Wolfe instead of Brockers, wonder if it opens something up to sign this guy?

With the draft set and the market set until roster cuts, I like him the most of the FA’s

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    With the draft set and the market set until roster cuts, I like him the most of the FA’s
    I like Golden better or even McPhee. Clowney would be #1 but that's not.happening. if they can extend Stanley and Judon they could have about $15M in cap space.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It’s gonna be McPhee. Griffin would definitely be the best of the non-Clowney tier tho imo depending on what he’s asking for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    It’s gonna be McPhee. Griffin would definitely be the best of the non-Clowney tier tho imo depending on what he’s asking for.
    If Griffin is available I agree I think that’s the best option

Give Griffin an incentive laden deal and it will work

I REALLY REALLY don’t want Clowney. The guy who has never had 10 sacks in his career and I really wouldn’t pay more than 10 million for his best season.

In context clay Matthews had more sacks than Clowney and he can be had for about 20 million cheaper .

I think Clowney is and always has been overrated as hell. He is an athletic phenom who can never realize his pass rushing potential, and 20 million is too much for an overhyped Jarret Johnson run stuffer.

I don't think Clowney is necessarily overrated, but yikes I'm not putting up the kinda money he is expecting. A one year deal would be tempting (we'd have to extend some other players to make it work obviously) but I bet he'll just wait out until he get's a long term deal. He's probably expecting like 50-60 million guaranteed.

I guess and hope they will go with McPhee.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I could live with either McPhee or Matthews but the value in these ageing, early season pass rushers is when you have a developing player ready to step in and replace them after injury or fatigue renders them useless.

If one of the UDFAs doesn't pan out maybe we should get Suggs lined up to come in late and win another Super Bowl.