Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Clay Matthews on the market again

Don't know what it would take, but he had 8 sacks last year and got hurt. Judon had a whopping difference playing all season and being double teamed less than anyone of 1 1/2 more sacks.

Trade Judon? Get Matthews, resign Bynes and Mcphee plus a pick.

Don't know about his fit here, but some so called expert said today the Ravens would be a great landing spot.

Blog Entries

Re: Clay Matthews on the market again

Clay should really think of retiring. He's going to be 34 and has become completely one dimentional. You can't play him against the run anymore.

What it would take is money and getting rid of Judon who compared to Matthews is way more valuable.

I’m fine to bring him in on the cheap for a complementary role. Hell no to trading Judon and adding Matthews as the “replacement”

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I’m fine to bring him in on the cheap for a complementary role. Hell no to trading Judon and adding Matthews as the “replacement”
    Any guess on what the cost might be to add him while keeping Judon. No cap space now so unlikely but I know we offered more money for him last year than the Rams

If he wnats to do a McPhee deal, sure. But i wouldnt be spending big bucks and no way do I think it's a replacement for Judon
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I would rather try to sign one of these cheap options that are still on the market:

Jeremiah Attaochu (27)
    Nigel Bradham (30) - released by Philly
    Shilique Calhoun (28)
    Anthony Chickillo (28) - released by Pittsburgh
    Brandon Copeland (29)
    Jordan Jenkins (26)
    Benson Mayowa (29)
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-19-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Hard pass. His best days are long behind him. I’d rather have ancient Suggs than a dude that was cooked back when he was with Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Hard pass. His best days are long behind him. I’d rather have ancient Suggs than a dude that was cooked back when he was with Green Bay.
    I think Suggs playing 10-15 snaps a game could still be good. People talk about McPhee for that role but what about the guy we kept instead of him the first time. His numbers last season weren't bad - 13 TFL, 6.5 SCK, 12 QBH, 4 FF, 1 FUMR - and he would be more effective if we limited his snaps.

He's a lot more durable than McPhee too.

Every year without fail since 2013 Ravens fans (and Ozzie) got their rocks off for every defensive FA and completely ignored the offense and just assume the draft is going to dump all the answers in your lap. Go after a WR either like Sanders or via trade, the offense is already much weaker for having lost Yanda and Hurst. You can't just rely on the draft for immediate impact, it takes vets too.

Pass. Stick a fork in him.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Everyone here is saying Matthews is terrible and that very well might be the case but I’m still trying to figure out how he got 8 sacks in 13 games. He’s only 33. I didn’t watch him much last year so honestly I have no idea.