In a vacuum?

A true #1 WR.

But I’m not sure if anything will every top the offense from last year

Blog Entries

Re: An undefendable offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A RB who’s best trait is outlet receiver. Swift
    JK Dobbins.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    JK Dobbins.
    my dream

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Cesar Ruiz and a gadget WR like Shenault would go a long way to getting you there and can likely both be had in round 2...
    Ruiz will not get past Cincy at #33. It's too obvious even for Mike Brown. Burrow needs to be protected.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    In a recent interview talked about his desire to build an undefendable offense. He specifically talked about looking at WR, RB and OL in the draft.

That got me wondering. What type of player would make the biggest stride toward this goal? Roadgrading right guard? Tayvon Hill type utility threat? A McCafferty type pass catching back?

My answer would be another WR with explosive speed. While teams may have one DB capable of matching up against Hollywood, do they have a second to match up similarly on the opposite side? Will that cause DBs to turn and run, opening up the middle of the field for Andrews, Lamar and Mark? I think so.

From that perspective I am imagining the second Alabama WR, Henry Ruggs III, making this offense pretty lethal?

What other rookies might instantly help achieve Eric's goal?
    I think someone like Claypool, who is a legit red-zone threat and can block, helps more than Ruggs. Some interior line help would also be greatly appreciated.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Boy, is that great to see - thanks, Baldy !
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Does Hollywood look bigger in the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think you need someone else that can gain separation and make tough catches. Lamar has improved tremendously as a passer, but he's never going to have Drew Brees accuracy, you know? He doesn't need to.

BUT...our WR's need to be able to make catches on awkward balls and they need to be able to separate effectively.

I can see an argument for Claypool because of his size and upside.

I also think Tee Higgins could be a really nice fit in this offense.

The guy I'm most intrigued by though is Justin Jefferson. He's just such a smooth route guy and he can line up outside or in the slot. 111 receptions too...that's A LOT for any college receiver.
    I don't think Claypool or Higgins will get any separation in the NFL. I'd be more ok with Claypool in the late 3rd than Higgins in the 2nd.

I'm with you on J. Jefferson, and he should be there mid to late round 1. Prefer him to Mims, he has a higher floor I think.

I'd go LSU's CEH as RB in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    In a recent interview talked about his desire to build an undefendable offense. He specifically talked about looking at WR, RB and OL in the draft.

That got me wondering. What type of player would make the biggest stride toward this goal? Roadgrading right guard? Tayvon Hill type utility threat? A McCafferty type pass catching back?

My answer would be another WR with explosive speed. While teams may have one DB capable of matching up against Hollywood, do they have a second to match up similarly on the opposite side? Will that cause DBs to turn and run, opening up the middle of the field for Andrews, Lamar and Mark? I think so.

From that perspective I am imagining the second Alabama WR, Henry Ruggs III, making this offense pretty lethal?

What other rookies might instantly help achieve Eric's goal?
    I've been on the ruggs train for a while.... Baby tyreek

I would be happy with Ruggs, Higgins or Jefferson.

My biggest concern right now is filling some big shoes at RG. While Mekhari played well and Skura is on the mend I'm still concerned about that position as well. Bengals made a huge splash signing DJ Reader to pair up with Atkins. Division rivals know what we've got and they'll be countering our moves hard.

Hoping to see a more balance offense next year and hitting a home run at the WR position in this upcoming draft will get us there.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer