Re: Should Preseason be cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    JimmyRipCord.....

[ deleted due to introduction of political discussion ]
    This sums it up beautifully...
    Last edited by Mista T; 03-12-2020 at 11:56 PM. Reason: politics

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not even ready to have this discussion and still coming to terms with all of these conference tournaments, NBA getting canceled. Only a matter of time before the entire NCAA tournament gets canceled.
    All big ten sports are canceled until the fall I believe

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Stop trolling. For the love of god, you just need to stop with this shit. It's 5 months away. This thread is at least 4 months premature.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This thread is at least 4 months premature.
    Really? How about the many threads started in midseason about the next draft, which would have been "at least 4 months premature."
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Really? How about the many threads started in midseason about the next draft, which would have been "at least 4 months premature."

My family has already canceled Thanksgiving and Christmas, so this thread is on point.

Or maybe...

Let's assume for a second that culex is right, this really isn't overhyped. Corona is worse than the flu. Not even 1/10 of the Spanish flu in terms of lethality, which killed 1/5 people, but it kills 1/50. Yea that sucks. I have 2 points:

1) Even if the whole globe quarantines for 3 months, there will still be cases in every country and every state worldwide. Genie is out of the lantern. And even if we get away with a few months of zero new cases, it will emerge again from somewhere in the globe. Are we going to shut down the world economy every time that happens? Are we going to shut down air travel? We've only eradicated one disease in history, small pocs, and it took a massive global effort and is way more lethal than this. We need to accept this as part of a new world.

2) The flu kills 30,000 at-risk Americans per year, but we don't shut down because most people are not at risk of dying. Well most people aren't at risk of dying from this either. How many of you hide out during flu season? How many mass gatherings are shut down? Worse than the flu? Ok, I'll buy it. Enough to stop the healthy members of society from living their lives? Definitely not. Last year there was an Ebola outbreak im west Africa, with a few cases that extended into the US. That shit's way scarier.

We've all had the flu. We're all going to get coronas in next 5 years and suffer "flu like symptoms". The world will still be here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not having to endure preseason football could be the one good thing to come out of all this :)

What exactly is your point? I'm not starting threads like that. If anyone does, it would be ol Hot Take Johnny, same guy who started this one. Those are also premature.

The guy is nothing more than a troll that starts a bunch of controversial threads just to get a rise out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    My family has already canceled Thanksgiving and Christmas, so this thread is on point.

Or maybe...

Let's assume for a second that culex is right, this really isn't overhyped. Corona is worse than the flu. Not even 1/10 of the Spanish flu in terms of lethality, which killed 1/5 people, but it kills 1/50. Yea that sucks. I have 2 points:

1) Even if the whole globe quarantines for 3 months, there will still be cases in every country and every state worldwide. Genie is out of the lantern. And even if we get away with a few months of zero new cases, it will emerge again from somewhere in the globe. Are we going to shut down the world economy every time that happens? Are we going to shut down air travel? We've only eradicated one disease in history, small pocs, and it took a massive global effort and is way more lethal than this. We need to accept this as part of a new world.

2) The flu kills 30,000 at-risk Americans per year, but we don't shut down because most people are not at risk of dying. Well most people aren't at risk of dying from this either. How many of you hide out during flu season? How many mass gatherings are shut down? Worse than the flu? Ok, I'll buy it. Enough to stop the healthy members of society from living their lives? Definitely not. Last year there was an Ebola outbreak im west Africa, with a few cases that extended into the US. That shit's way scarier.

We've all had the flu. We're all going to get coronas in next 5 years and suffer "flu like symptoms". The world will still be here.

And btw, I'm not saying that it's overhyped. What I am saying is that it's ridiculous to even think about preseason in August when it's MARCH. How about we get through the next 30-45 days at least?

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    1) Even if the whole globe quarantines for 3 months, there will still be cases in every country and every state worldwide. Genie is out of the lantern. And even if we get away with a few months of zero new cases, it will emerge again from somewhere in the globe. Are we going to shut down the world economy every time that happens?
    "every time that happens?"

Apples & Oranges: In the past 100 years ago, there hadn't been an outbreak of this combined world-wide magnitude & severity & virulence: not Swine, MERS, SARS, or Ebola. Last candidates of world-wide magnitude & severity & virulence were perhaps the Spanish Flu of 100 years ago, and various plagues of the Middle Ages.

I believe that the world economy will shake this off in a few months after the peak.

Hopefully, one lesson which the NFL will learn from this is that preseason game scam is counter-productive to its fans and will henceforth play them in Training camps without charging fans.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I suppose this sort of fits here.

Will the Ravens be hurt in free agency by travel restricitions? We're always hearing about the way players are won over by their visits here and choose to sign with the Ravens. (Except McCoy) Without visits some of those players will just look at the money and go elsewhere.

"every time that happens?"

Apples & Oranges: In the past 100 years ago, there hadn't been an outbreak of this combined world-wide magnitude & severity & virulence: not Swine, MERS, SARS, or Ebola. Last candidates of world-wide magnitude & severity & virulence were perhaps the Spanish Flu of 100 years ago, and various plagues of the Middle Ages.

I believe that the world economy will shake this off in a few months after the peak.

Hopefully, one lesson which the NFL will learn from this is that preseason game scam is counter-productive to its fans and will henceforth play them in Training camps without charging fans.
    What numbers are you basing thar this is the biggest outbreak in 100 years? We don't even have enough tests. Spanish fly infected 500. Million if a global population of 1.9 billion and killed between 50 and 100 million by most estimates. You're comparing this to that? The regular flu is worse every year than this, killing 30,000 Americans infecting, I don't even know how many globally get infected. My whole point was that this isn't even currently as bad as flu season and worst case, it a worse version of the flu.