Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Preseason be cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    The Coronavirus thread was suspended this morning, so that discussion has moved here.

Mods, my 2 cents: These discussions are going to happen on this board somewhere , that's the whole reason for having a containment thread: If you think the Coronavirus thread has become overly political, just move it to that forum. It more rightly belongs there anyway.
    or folks can leave politics out of it and still discuss it on this board. It's just courtesy to the rest of the board

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    or folks can leave politics out of it and still discuss it on this board. It's just courtesy to the rest of the board
    And, read the "Message Board Rules of Conduct" thread that is pinned, specifically Rule #8.

NO POLITICS ON THIS FORUM. Come on people, it's not that hard a concept. Take it to the Politics forum.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    And, read the "Message Board Rules of Conduct" thread that is pinned, specifically Rule #8.

NO POLITICS ON THIS FORUM. Come on people, it's not that hard a concept. Take it to the Politics forum.
    For this thread - easy. I think preseason should be cancelled altogether this year.

For the COVID thread, I believe it will have to be moved entirely to the Politics Forum. Can't talk about it without talking politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    For this thread - easy. I think preseason should be cancelled altogether this year.

For the COVID thread, I believe it will have to be moved entirely to the Politics Forum. Can't talk about it without talking politics.
    There is already one there. The one in the football program was just about how people were coping with it and such.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It's closer to a common cold virus than influenza, but I don't think the comparison is unwarranted, because it appears to transmit the same way as both.

It's mostly speculation at this point.
    I think when most people compare this to the flu, they are comparing deaths based on a spreadable disease. Like comparing the the flu to pneumonia. They are different illnesses, with different symptoms. But Similar death rates (each seem to kill about 50k per year, until 2020, now those two aren’t killing as many)

Has anyone seen any alternate schedule proposals? I hope the NFL is considering something shorter so we have a chance at a season. I don't see a full 16 game season.

Two thoughts:
    - 10 game season
    * home/away division games = 6 games
    * 4 cross division games (either AFC South or NFC East as it stands now)

- 12 game season
    * Same as above but with AFC East and AFC West corresponding 2019 standing. (Chiefs, Patriots)

This would allow for either an abbreviated season and/or additional bye weeks. 3 weeks on, 1 week off.

Contingency plans please!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I think when most people compare this to the flu, they are comparing deaths based on a spreadable disease. Like comparing the the flu to pneumonia. They are different illnesses, with different symptoms. But Similar death rates (each seem to kill about 50k per year, until 2020, now those two aren’t killing as many)
    We know a lot more now about the virus than when I posted that - it is very much like the common cold except it's "on steroids". The virus itself is a SARS virus. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.

Pneumonia is what actually kills people who have COVID. All it really means is "lung infection" - i.e. the air sacs in your lungs are filled with fluid. There are a host of viruses and bacteria that can cause it. So all COVID deaths also count as pneumonia deaths. But it can happen very quickly with COVID19... sometimes within the same day as onset of pneumonia.

Preseason canceled. Cu' strikes again

I did see rosters are only 80. Hope they expand the game rosters and practice squad. Quality of play is gonna suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Preseason canceled. Cu' strikes again
    You should apply for work as a "sports personality". Throw out a shitload of opinions, forget about when you're wrong, and boast when you're right. It's exactly what they do and they get paid money for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I did see rosters are only 80. Hope they expand the game rosters and practice squad. Quality of play is gonna suck.
    I see the opposite. How may position battles are open this year? Very few, even fewer since there is no preseason. The starters from last year will be the starters this year for the most part.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I see the opposite. How may position battles are open this year? Very few, even fewer since there is no preseason. The starters from last year will be the starters this year for the most part.
    It's great for teams that don't have a lot of turnover like the Ravens.