Results 8,413 to 8,424 of 8900

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Makes sense. Lol.

Can your parents meet you at the pub?
    Effectively yes

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Just checking to see if everyone is ok. I heard we lost 200 million to covid yesterday
    Fine. Only one person we know, my wife's sisters acquaintance, has died from it and that was in April. She was in her mid 50s and had Lupus and other health issues. We've heard anecdotes of kids at college we know getting it and having to quarantine in dorm for 10 days but really either having no symptoms or its just a cold. Its like a game for the kids. They don't want to get it simply to avoid quarantime/fun timeout and associated stigma. None want to have college shut down either.

Otherwise all is quiet here.

3. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Fine. Only one person we know, my wife's sisters acquaintance, has died from it and that was in April. She was in her mid 50s and had Lupus and other health issues. We've heard anecdotes of kids at college we know getting it and having to quarantine in dorm for 10 days but really either having no symptoms or its just a cold. Its like a game for the kids. They don't want to get it simply to avoid quarantime/fun timeout and associated stigma. None want to have college shut down either.

Otherwise all is quiet here.
    Wow. I think you and I could be the only survivors here. I can’t believe we lost 2/3 of the country to covid. I have to admit, I never thought it would get this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    What metrics are you using to make this statement? Deaths per 100,000? Only Belgum, France, Spain and the UK are worse than us and the UK followed the lead of the US initially treating covid as it was nothing worse than a seasonal flu. That was until Johnson wound up in the ICU. Drop in GDP? Thats tough to call as the latest data I saw involved the 2nd qtr which was when most of Europe was in a complete lock down where as we were only partially closed.
    Deaths per million also ha e Italy and Sweden nipping at our heels.
    Also, lockdowns about to re-occur all over Europe, unnecessary here.
    Looking at Daily new cases and daily deaths trend lines, the US is headed out of this, while Europe is entering its second wave and getting worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Looking at Daily new cases and daily deaths trend lines, the US is headed out of this, while Europe is entering its second wave and getting worse.

COVID Deaths Per Million Population

Peru 966.79
    Belgium 869.37
    Bolivia 655.94
    Chile 642.85
    Spain 642.16
    Ecuador 641.7
    Brazil 635.51
    United Kingdom 626.63
    USA 597.07
    Italy 589.64
    Sweden 574.58
    Mexico 568.01
    Panama 523.6

What I find particularly funny is that the people telling us how our poor policy is the cause of our COVID deaths, are the same idiots who were ridiculing the wearing of masks early in the outbreak (based on Fauci's admitted deception), and calling the administration "XENOPHOBES" for trying to restrict air travel.

Here's another interesting tidbit.... (and one I found rather shocking)

Did you know that Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities accounted for 42% of all Covid deaths in the US?

You don't think this amazing number had anything to do with official state government policy... do you?

8. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    COVID Deaths Per Million Population

Peru 966.79
    Belgium 869.37
    Bolivia 655.94
    Chile 642.85
    Spain 642.16
    Ecuador 641.7
    Brazil 635.51
    United Kingdom 626.63
    USA 597.07
    Italy 589.64
    Sweden 574.58
    Mexico 568.01
    Panama 523.6
    To put this into perspective.

The death rate in the US to covid. Covid related. Or dying of something, and being tested positive for covid is .000597 % of the population. That means the survival rate is .999403%

To put this into perspective.

The death rate in the US to covid. Covid related. Or dying of something, and being tested positive for covid is .000597 % of the population. That means the survival rate is .999403%
    And the impact of COVID on the normal death rate in the United States has not yet exceeded one standard deviation of the death rate expressed over the last 20 years.

In other words, Covid has not yet shown a statistically significant impact over the normal death rate variability in the US.

10. Re: OT - coronavirus

And the impact of COVID on the normal death rate in the United States has not yet exceeded one standard deviation of the death rate expressed over the last 20 years.

In other words, Covid has not yet shown a statistically significant impact over the normal death rate variability in the US.

Ding ding ding And the winner is owknows. Careful. Your prize might be extinction if this info gets out

I haven’t been able to find this info. Did you find a link?

Ding ding ding And the winner is owknows. Careful. Your prize might be extinction if this info gets out

I haven’t been able to find this info. Did you find a link?
    I calculated it

The amazement will be next year when cancer and heart disease deaths will be way down. Then those will be quickly changed less they lose study funding. All major disease death numbers will be way down.