Page 683 of 742 FirstFirst ... 681682683684685 ... LastLast
Results 8,185 to 8,196 of 8900

Re: OT - coronavirus

So is this is really good news. They did a study on blood from donors:

"Of note, we detected cross-reactive T cell responses against spike or membrane in 28% of the unexposed healthy blood donors, consistent with a high degree of pre-existing immune responses potentially induced by other coronaviruses."

http://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8...showall%3Dtrue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Deaths are being listed as covid. Could you say Floyd didn't die at the hands of police, he died from covid.? He told the cops he had it. The drugs in his system also were a factor.
    They are being listed as Covid, because it shouldn’t have to be explained that it’s COVID-19 complications. You are focusing on extreme misrepresentations that no one here is in disagreement with. Floyd had a knee in his neck. No, he should not be listed as a COVID death. However, that’s obvious and again, we all agree that mistakes of that sort (If they are being made) need to be corrected.

COVID-19 would not be the first health issue that isn’t the actual death bringing ailment, but causes it.

If it’s clear as day (Floyd), that there was a completely different issue that COVID-19 didn’t heavily affect, no, it should not be counted.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 08-14-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Well I see New Zealand has had an outbreak of cases after 102 days of being Covid free and following WHO guidelines. Hmmmm.

https://time.com/5879177/new-zealand-coronavirus-cases/

4. Re: OT - coronavirus

Deaths are being listed as covid. Could you say Floyd didn't die at the hands of police, he died from covid.? He told the cops he had it. The drugs in his system also were a factor.
    Using your logic not a single person ever died of AIDS. Aids doesnt kill you, it just destroys your bodies ability to protect itself from any foreign microbe. People with AIDS have died from the common cold. COVID works the same way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Using your logic not a single person ever died of AIDS. Aids doesnt kill you, it just destroys your bodies ability to protect itself from any foreign microbe. People with AIDS have died from the common cold. COVID works the same way.
    I don’t think that’s what he’s saying.

You could have COVID and be a symptomatic and die from lung cancer. But if you test positive from COVID it could count as a COVID death.

That’s a case of dying with it not from it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post

We're they listed as dying from a common cold .?

This is all about number and what to hang around Trump's neck. If he loses the election 6 months from now the numbers will be corrected to reflect the real totals.

7. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

You could have COVID and be a symptomatic and die from lung cancer. But if you test positive from COVID it could count as a COVID death.

My bad...I understand and stand corrected.

8. Re: OT - coronavirus

We're they listed as dying from a common cold .?

This is all about number and what to hang around Trump's neck. If he loses the election 6 months from now the numbers will be corrected to reflect the real totals.

The numbers will not be settled upon for quite some time. Once we are pretty well past this there will be records research, stat analysis, and model applications. It will take a good while.

At the same time though, if someone has lung cancer, was fighting it, not expected to die any time soon, and then catches covid and dies, the cancer shouldn't get the credit.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    At the same time though, if someone has lung cancer, was fighting it, not expected to die any time soon, and then catches covid and dies, the cancer shouldn't get the credit.

Eh... if they got the common cold or the flu the main reason they would have died is cancer.

11. Re: OT - coronavirus

American Heart Association says recent studies indicate that up to 30% of people hospitalized with the virus are sustaining heart damage.

Eh... if they got the common cold or the flu the main reason they would have died is cancer.
    Common cold, sure. Flu is a little trickier since that can kill people.