Page 5 of 742 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    sure, make sure you stock up on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol.......pay no attention to the abundance of hand soap still available.
    Noted mate, come back to me when it effects your family sure and tell me its media driven.

sure, make sure you stock up on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol.......pay no attention to the abundance of hand soap still available.
    ...but he's not saying to do that?

The consensus is that the people saying it's media hysteria are as stupid as the people saying it's the end of the world and stock up for a 6 month quarantine.

However, the former can be more dangerous than the latter.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    ...but he's not saying to do that?

The consensus is that the people saying it's media hysteria are as stupid as the people saying it's the end of the world and stock up for a 6 month quarantine.

However, the former can be more dangerous than the latter.
    will do, in the meantime pay no attention to the 20k people who die each year from the flu.

will do, in the meantime pay no attention to the 20k people who die each year from the flu.
    No one is saying that. You're recycling off stupidity with each post. You're trying to argue against an argument that's not being made.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Yep. I live in northern ireland.

Last saturday amateur football story. One player got tested on Friday. He played for his team on Saturday in an away game. Travelled by car with 3 other boys. Shared water bottles etc. Stayed in the clubhouse after for a few drinks then went to the biggest nightclub in the country that night.

His test then came back positive.

Thats just idiotic. Bet he believed it was mass hysteria by the media to.

He's a young fit cub and wont have any issues. But what about the person he comes in contact with that goes and sees their elderly granny the next day not even realizing they may have it?

Just be smart.

Flus death rate is like 0.5 percent. This is 3 to 4 percent across Europe.

Millions will die if the same amount of people get this as flu. Hospitals wont physically be able to cope with it.

Thats the issue

sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Yep. I live in northern ireland.

Last saturday amateur football story. One player got tested on Friday. He played for his team on Saturday in an away game. Travelled by car with 3 other boys. Shared water bottles etc. Stayed in the clubhouse after for a few drinks then went to the biggest nightclub in the country that night.

His test then came back positive.

Thats just idiotic. Bet he believed it was mass hysteria by the media to.

He's a young fit cub and wont have any issues. But what about the person he comes in contact with that goes and sees their elderly granny the next day not even realizing they may have it?

Just be smart.
    And this is why you're approaching it the right way (as are most in this thread who are saying to take a common sense approach).

As always there's idiots on both sides of the fence and it really shows. Entertaining for me. Unfortunate for them.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    And this is why you're approaching it the right way (as are most in this thread who are saying to take a common sense approach).

As always there's idiots on both sides of the fence and it really shows. Entertaining for me. Unfortunate for them.
    It shows you alot of people. Those that respect others and those that dont. Thats all it comes down to for me at this stage.

Im not worried about it personally, but i know if my mother got it she'd be in real danger due to underlying health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    It shows you alot of people. Those that respect others and those that dont. Thats all it comes down to for me at this stage.

Im not worried about it personally, but i know if my mother got it she'd be in real danger due to underlying health issues.
    Yeah exactly. Two of my close friends are immunocompromised.

So yeah, I'll be sick for 3 days and then be fine. They could die. It's worse than the flu because we understand the flu and have at least some sort of preventive measures. We still don't even understand the epi in full because of how mild symptoms are and how transmission seems high when you're asymptomatic.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The wife and I are trying to stay away from crowded indoor (or confined) places. We did just get back from a tour of Panama two weeks ago, but there were no reported cases in that country. I don't think the virus lives in ultra warm places. The average high temp in Panama was 91 degrees. Anyhow, just attempting to be cautious... Bc

Question : can you catch the Coronavirus by posting on the RSR board?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The wife and I are trying to stay away from crowded indoor (or confined) places. We did just get back from a tour of Panama two weeks ago, but there were no reported cases in that country. I don't think the virus lives in ultra warm places. The average high temp in Panama was 91 degrees. Anyhow, just attempting to be cautious... Bc

Question : can you catch the Coronavirus by posting on the RSR board?
    On a serious note though Bc, take care of yourself man. You were one of the first folks I thought of being my RSR father lmao
    - Ray Lewis