Page 4 of 742 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

I'm just taking common sense approach to it. Not the end of times, but in my opinion it is also something everyone should be taking seriously especially if you interact with people age 50+ on the regular. I work customer facing IT in DC and I'm fully expecting mandated telework to come down in the next couple of days. I have heard the Census Bureau is going full time telework starting next Wednesday.

I am not worried about myself, but live right next to my parents and see them every day, and they are both 60+. So I am trying to do everything I can to make sure I don't get it and pass on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Btw there are 2 Corona threads here and they are NOT like each other lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Because the OT section is a fucking cesspool of alt right conspiracy theorists.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

all media driven hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    We'll see about that this time next week

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm just taking common sense approach to it. Not the end of times, but in my opinion it is also something everyone should be taking seriously especially if you interact with people age 50+ on the regular. I work customer facing IT in DC and I'm fully expecting mandated telework to come down in the next couple of days. I have heard the Census Bureau is going full time telework starting next Wednesday.

I am not worried about myself, but live right next to my parents and see them every day, and they are both 60+. So I am trying to do everything I can to make sure I don't get it and pass on to them.

Because the OT section is a fucking cesspool of alt right conspiracy theorists.
    Yeah I'm def worried for the older people. They REALLY should be staying at home for the time being. But easier said than done...

Blog Entries

my son's spring break is next week and they just announced the following two weeks will be remote classes.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Just heard that Pregnant women have the same risk and there is no risk to the baby as of yet. Heard it in the Tim Dillon show from a doctor. Tim Dillon is a comedy show though, so I don’t know how much you can trust it... BIG truss it
    All ravens fans are right about something

Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    Just heard that Pregnant women have the same risk and there is no risk to the baby as of yet. Heard it in the Tim Dillon show from a doctor. Tim Dillon is a comedy show though, so I don’t know how much you can trust it... BIG truss it
    I've seen that too, but from what I understand, the sample size is small.

Fun times

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Yeah I'm def worried for the older people. They REALLY should be staying at home for the time being. But easier said than done...

The sad thing is I feel like older folks are more likely to treat it as a joke/hoax/media induced hysteria. At least from what I have seen on my FB, small sample size though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The sad thing is I feel like older folks are more likely to treat it as a joke/hoax/media induced hysteria. At least from what I have seen on my FB, small sample size though.
    I think I read somewhere that the AVERAGE age of fox news viewers is 65... not good

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Not downplaying it, but it's getting so overblown. Work is preparing for us to work from home, and food trucks are being banned from coming on site. Have plans to go to Annapolis for a few days, and currently I'm saying fuck it, it's on. And I'm high risk...
    Americans are in for a rude awakening.

Read up on italy. They dont have enough icu beds nurses and doctors to deal with this and are literally in war time medical care deciding who gets treatment and who they let die.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    its people with this attitude thats helped the world wide spread tbh

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    its people with this attitude thats helped the world wide spread tbh
    sure, make sure you stock up on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol.......pay no attention to the abundance of hand soap still available.