Page 171 of 742 FirstFirst ... 169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,052 of 8900
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Watch your sister-in-law latch on to a window at the local Golden Corral like a lamprey on a trout.
    darb, the wife was worried about her sis so we took a run over to her house. I mentioned to the wife, "Hey honey all the curtains are yellow except that one. It's Kelly green." "Oh no, that's my sister wearing her new dress", she replied. "Seems to fill the whole window", says I. "Well, she used to fill the entire bay window, but she must have lost some weight during the crisis!" Hmmm... Bc

Blog Entries

ABC News reporting that over 750,000 people entered the US from China between December and February.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ABC News reporting that over 750,000 people entered the US from China between December and February.
    Including some NBA players? Or was that earlier...

Blog Entries

ALL government sucks. Period.

You can slap a D or an R on damn near any of them...and in the end, they're all the same.
    pretty much

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Including some NBA players? Or was that earlier...
    Lol. Who knows?

That's a lot of people though...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    darb, the wife was worried about her sis so we took a run over to her house. I mentioned to the wife, "Hey honey all the curtains are yellow except that one. It's Kelly green." "Oh no, that's my sister wearing her new dress", she replied. "Seems to fill the whole window", says I. "Well, she used to fill the entire bay window, but she must have lost some weight during the crisis!" Hmmm... Bc
    Silver linings.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

One thing that I've been thinking about with all of this...

I dont know how feasible it would be, but I think airports should consider implementing technology at security gates that would check people's temperature. If you're running a fever, you don't get to go on the flight. You'll have a process to change your flight plans or get a refund, but you don't get to go on a plane with 100+ other people and breath out your nasties into canned/circulated air...and then land somewhere and continue being contagious.

One thing that I've been thinking about with all of this...

I dont know how feasible it would be, but I think airports should consider implementing technology at security gates that would check people's temperature. If you're running a fever, you don't get to go on the flight. You'll have a process to change your flight plans or get a refund, but you don't get to go on a plane with 100+ other people and breath out your nasties into canned/circulated air...and then land somewhere and continue being contagious.
    China or Japan had thermal cameras due to Sars they had developed I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Gentlemen, during WWII the U.S. government relied on many private companies (General Motors, Ford, etc.) in the world's time of need. At that time, in the 1940's, we had an industrial complex in place, but not so much so now. Therefore, IMO it is not so irrational that our government turn to private industry (or individuals) in this current time of crisis... Bc
    As of today ...GM has re-tooled a closed transmission plant in Mich to produce masks. It took all of 7 days to strip and re-tool. They actually made the first mask 10 hrs ahead of schedule.

So yes ...it can be done BC. Correct as usual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

His mother may die so, he may be "on tilt".
    I agree. This is a time to understand emotions. We'll have plenty of time down the line to poke/prod.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

His mother may die so, he may be "on tilt".

Personally I'm no more upset with the Chinese and American governments than I was before.
    I always assumed that China's communist authoritarian government was a problem only for its citizens. I didn't see their awful domestic freedom stuffing nature (i.e. social credit, religious persecution, lack of transparency/censorship etc.. ) impacting me too much in the next and probably last 25 or so years of my life.

This thing though bothers me. How can we not be outraged by this. They are probably the world's primary super power now. They want to expand their influence throughout the globe. Their nature, the way their government handled this may be responsible for 100K unnecessary deaths. I didn't think I could get mad at them like this. It's probably a waste of energy because I doubt anything will change but this bothers me. People are bashing Trump which is crazy when you compare their behavior to his.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I always assumed that China's communist authoritarian government was a problem only for its citizens. I didn't see their awful domestic freedom stuffing nature (i.e. social credit, religious persecution, lack of transparency/censorship etc.. ) impacting me too much in the next and probably last 25 or so years of my life.

This thing though bothers me. How can we not be outraged by this. They are probably the world's primary super power now. They want to expand their influence throughout the globe. Their nature, the way their government handled this may be responsible for 100K unnecessary deaths. I didn't think I could get mad at them like this. It's probably a waste of energy because I doubt anything will change but this bothers me. People are bashing Trump which is crazy when you compare their behavior to his.
    China is a paper tiger. They basically just got their first aircraft carrier not to long ago.