Page 210 of 742 FirstFirst ... 208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,509 to 2,520 of 8900
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Virtual poker . . . ??
    a b, our last face-to-face game (where $ was on the table) was March 5th. Since I'm the Treasurer and Blogger, I still send our emails on Thursdays (our poker night). Tomorrow I'll send Palladin's joke out... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Gj85, here's a virtual Easter package of joy for you :

We will get through this and have many more Easters, as well as other holidays, to celebrate.
    My friend, keep your chin up and make the best of it if possible... Bc
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

I can’t have any of that. My cheat day isn’t until Friday.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-08-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah. Hard to say. I think the numbers of healthy people with no underlying health conditions that die because/from Coronavirus are going to be very very low. Not that we'll ever know exactly what that number will be though.
    Im sure it will be, still think everything every country has done was required.

I dont buy this line that we shouldnt be helping them because they dont have long anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I dont buy this line that we shouldnt be helping them because they dont have long anyway
    I don't understand what you mean here

I don't understand what you mean here
    Alot of people saying the social sanctions and the economic help that is required isnt worth saving people that will die anyway.

Blog Entries

Alot of people saying the social sanctions and the economic help that is required isnt worth saving people that will die anyway.
    Well.... we're all going to die at some point, so that line of thinking doesn't make sense.

Well.... we're all going to die at some point, so that line of thinking doesn't make sense.
    So you would have just carried on as normal?

Blog Entries

So you would have just carried on as normal?
    You misunderstood. I was saying the line of thinking that we should just do nothing cause the people that die from it will die anyway.

Now am I going out as normal or would I? No, I have a daughter with asthma that for every year for the past 4-5 years (except this year, fingers crossed) has had pneumonia, some times twice a year. Last year she was hospitalized overnight because of a collapsed airway due to pneumonia. So a highly contagious respiratory virus is not something I can afford to take chances with.

That said, I do think we're going a bit far with somethings in some areas/locations, but I guess only hindsight will be able to tell us if that was right or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    LOL moose, that's what I'm talkin' about. During these dark days we need humor to lighten our load.

More playfulness than religion :

Those who are celebrating holidays, and those who aren't, I wish everyone to be safe and healthy to await the day we can all walk out into the sunshine without wearing a mask... Bc

Blog Entries

Watching Pence talk right now. Look what it says in the banner on the screen. Does that lower 60,000 death estimate assume social distancing will remain in place until August? It looks like it based on what is on the screen. Tweak the input assumptions on a model and you get a very different output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Watching Pence talk right now. Look what it says in the banner on the screen. Does that lower 60,000 death estimate assume social distancing will remain in place until August? It looks like it based on what is on the screen. Tweak the input assumptions on a model and you get a very different output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last week it was projected 150k they have no idea what next week is going to look like nevermind August