Page 605 of 742 FirstFirst ... 603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 7,249 to 7,260 of 8900
    Blog Entries

OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Didn't he say we didn't need masks until we did .?
    Early on in the pandemic we had a severe shortage of PPE, including masks. The general public wasn’t requested to wear masks so that there would be enough supply for HCWs. However, they could have encouraged the use of cloth masks or other face coverings. It turned out to be a mistake not to recommend that people wear those types of masks/face coverings.

Once the initial rush was over, there was greater supply of surgical masks. Is Dr. Fauci perfect? No, he isn’t, but he has been leaps and bounds more credible and correct about this virus than Trump. Trump still doesn’t wear any sort of mask or face covering, modeling a behavior that his followers emulate to their own peril and to the peril of others.

BTW, didn’t Trump say anyone who wants a test can get a test back in February?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Early on in the pandemic we had a severe shortage of PPE, including masks. The general public wasn’t requested to wear masks so that there would be enough supply for HCWs. However, they could have encouraged the use of cloth masks or other face coverings. It turned out to be a mistake not to recommend that people wear those types of masks/face coverings.

Once the initial rush was over, there was greater supply of surgical masks. Is Dr. Fauci perfect? No, he isn’t, but he has been leaps and bounds more credible and correct about this virus than Trump. Trump still doesn’t wear any sort of mask or face covering, modeling a behavior that his followers emulate to their own peril and to the peril of others.

BTW, didn’t Trump say anyone who wants a test can get a test back in February?

Getting a test and getting results from that test in a timely manner are two different things. A test without results is as bad or worse than no test at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Getting a test and getting results from that test in a timely manner are two different things. A test without results is as bad or worse than no test at all.
    Agreed. There were tons of people in February, March, and April who wanted to be tested but couldn’t get access to a test. Now, tests are generally available, but it is still taking a week to get test results back in many cases. This is totally unacceptable 5-6 months into this pandemic.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Thankfully, he is likely to recover.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I don’t think the NFL is going to happen this year. I really hope I’m wrong though.
    Last edited by Gjennings85; 07-10-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I don’t think the NFL is going to happen this year. I really hope I’m wrong though.
    I concur. Too bad, I thought this could be the Ravens year, but I just don’t see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Rodgers last year?

On a side note I feel bad for all the legends getting older like ovi, arod, who pretty much lost a year in their chase for records

Blog Entries

I read stuff like this and I wonder if it's really possible to have a season

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ople-expected/

Devin White hosting a party with 2,000 people expected

Buccaneers linebacker Devin White will host his second annual “Trail Ride” at his “Get Live Stables” in Cotton Valley, Louisiana, on Saturday.

The mayor of the town, C.C. Cox, told TMZ that 2,000 people are expected on the 20-acre property and that no COVID-19 precautions are required or will be enforced.

Louisiana State Troopers and the Webster Parish Sheriff’s office will work the party but will not enforce social distancing guidelines, Cox said.

“You just got to accept it,” Cox said. “I’m ready for it.”

Blog Entries

The Devin White party could easily turn into this

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/healt...sed/index.html

Los Angeles Apparel factory ordered closed after over 300 coronavirus cases and 4 deaths

(CNN)A garment manufacturer in downtown Los Angeles with over 300 confirmed coronavirus cases among employees has been ordered closed after an investigation into the deaths of four workers, county health officials said Friday.

The Los Angeles Apparel had three deaths in June and one in July, prompting an investigation, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health announced in a statement.
    "The death of four dedicated garment workers is heartbreaking and tragic," said Dr. Barbara Ferrer of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. "Business owners and operators have a corporate, moral and social responsibility to their employees and their families to provide a safe work environment."...

...When inspectors visited the factory on June 26, they observed multiple violations of physical distancing requirements and infection control protocols, including the use of cardboard as a barrier between the workers, the health department said.
    Los Angeles Apparel was given detailed instructions on steps that had to be taken for reopening.

On July 4, the health department received an incomplete list of all employees at the company with 198 positive results reported. The health department then used that list to compare with results from laboratories and determined that as of July 10, there were more than 300 positive cases at the site.
    While the county's department of public health sent a letter to the company saying only employees who tested positive on or before June 26 could return to work if they had no symptoms, Los Angeles Apparel reopened with new employees and violated the health officer's order.

"At this time, Los Angeles Apparel is under orders to remain closed until they can show that the facility is in full compliance with Public Health mandates," the health department said.

In a phone interview with CNN on Friday night, Charney fiercely disputed the allegations from the health department, saying officials are operating in "bad faith" and "looking for scapegoats," and suggested the decision to shut down the factory was "political."

Blog Entries

They tested migrant farm workers here yesterday and it was 100% positive rate. They share trailers and commute in school buses.
    July is when they arrive in throngs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I read stuff like this and I wonder if it's really possible to have a season

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ople-expected/

Devin White hosting a party with 2,000 people expected

Buccaneers linebacker Devin White will host his second annual “Trail Ride” at his “Get Live Stables” in Cotton Valley, Louisiana, on Saturday.

The mayor of the town, C.C. Cox, told TMZ that 2,000 people are expected on the 20-acre property and that no COVID-19 precautions are required or will be enforced.

Louisiana State Troopers and the Webster Parish Sheriff’s office will work the party but will not enforce social distancing guidelines, Cox said.

“You just got to accept it,” Cox said. “I’m ready for it.”
    SMH.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They tested migrant farm workers here yesterday and it was 100% positive rate. They share trailers and commute in school buses.
    July is when they arrive in throngs
    How do they address something like that? Do they shut down the farms? I can't see migrant farm workers having the means to do much more than wear masks. It's not like they can afford to travel differently or live in more spacious accommodations. This is exactly what happens in many 3rd world countries that struggle with disease. There just aren't any answers once it spreads like it has.