Page 188 of 742 FirstFirst ... 186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,245 to 2,256 of 8900

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am really sorry you and your family has had to go through all of that. I have type 2 diabetes. I am able to control it for the most part with medication, diet, and exercise but it still means that I am at a higher risk for contracting coronavirus. I don't think that I am alone in waiting for some time before I feel comfortable resuming my normal lifestyle.
    Thanks man. My wife is a rock so don't worry too much about me. I feel like an afterthought compared to her and my kids. My kin are not the healthiest but we r like roaches Hahaha!

Take care of yourself man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I hope other grocery chains follow suit.
    Whole Foods was ahead of the curve. I went last Friday and they had spacing tape lined up in and outside of the store. All carts were brought inside for the time being and all were wiped down in and out or at least wipes were available at all times, by the carts, even if workers were unavailable for some reason. I think the minimum was something around 15 customers at a time and spacing tape was laid around the registers. Just about all essential items were limited to two per person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Thanks man. My wife is a rock so don't worry too much about me. I feel like an afterthought compared to her and my kids. My kin are not the healthiest but we r like roaches Hahaha!

Take care of yourself man.
    Thanks. You too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Here is a timeline for those of you interested in what happened when. It (the timeline) starts December 31 and runs to the present. Start by scrolling to the bottom of the article. You have to read it bottom up as they keep putting the updates at the top of the page.

https://www.devex.com/news/covid-19-...outbreak-96396

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My mom died of a C Diff infection in the hospital at 72. She had bowel issues for much of her adult life that I think were immune system related. I have cousins with MS and my dad has high blood pressure, high blood sugar and heart disease. He's 84 and I worry about him. I almost lost a hunk of my colon due to chronic inflammation 4 years ago after a taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatories as a result of another surgery I never should have had. I'm pretty sure that was auto-immune related. I did two non-FDA approved therapies to shut if off and it worked. More bad medicine and bad advice from our so called "expert" "for pay" doctors in the US. I'm active and always thought I was healthy but ... meh.. maybe I'm not really. I was on this board at 3 AM the night before the Ravens playoff game because I was in day 3 of a not sleeping and hardly being able to breath fever at night because of a "non-flu" virus I had.... Gee I wonder what I had?

Are you type 1 or type 2 diabetic?
    c diff is no joke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    c diff is no joke
    Still holding up okay Baldy? I read in another thread that a friend of yours is having a difficult time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Then blame the World Health Organization for saying in Mid-January that COVID-19 wasn’t spread through human contact. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t the point of that organization to advise the world on infectious diseases? Seems to me they misled the countries of the world. Guess we can lump them with the useless United Nations.
    If they done it correct and forced china to shut down its borders the thing could have contained.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If they done it correct and forced china to shut down its borders the thing could have contained.
    How can any group force a country to close their borders? The UN can’t get compliance with military intervention most of the time. That’s just not realistic

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How can any group force a country to close their borders? The UN can’t get compliance with military intervention most of the time. That’s just not realistic
    Force might be the wrong word. Advised maybe is what i should have said

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Force might be the wrong word. Advised maybe is what i should have said
    Do nationals of other countries have to stay if that advice is followed? Including tourists?

While I get what you’re saying, I’m not sure it’s the most practical
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Do nationals of other countries have to stay if that advice is followed? Including tourists?

While I get what you’re saying, I’m not sure it’s the most practical
    There is no multi-national group that sovereign nations are going to comply with just because they issued an edict. I was just watching the local news and they were talking about how in 1 city in New Jersey they fined over 160 people and closed 9 non-essential businesses yesterday. Even with state and city orders it still took the police to enforce things weeks after these orders were enacted.

Unfortunately it sounds like it takes quick and decisive actions by individual countries to prevent the spread. South Korea looks like they are the model that everyone should have followed. I saw the clips of guys in what looked to be hazmat suits spraying the streets of Seoul and thought they were extreme. I guess I was wrong. I wish the rest of us had followed their model in hindsight.

12. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Here is a timeline for those of you interested in what happened when. It (the timeline) starts December 31 and runs to the present. Start by scrolling to the bottom of the article. You have to read it bottom up as they keep putting the updates at the top of the page.

https://www.devex.com/news/covid-19-...outbreak-96396
    Great link. Thanks for sharing.