Page 679 of 742 FirstFirst ... 677678679680681 ... LastLast
Results 8,137 to 8,148 of 8900
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    There are some long awaited changes that this whole thing will lead to.

- much less cubicle work
    - virtual schooling
    - virtual doctor visits
    - fewer cars on the road
    - smaller but tighter neighborhood units
    - more self-sustainability

I'd be investing even more telecomunnications and things like solar/wind power. It'll be a great time to buy property in the near future after values plummet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    100%
    I think this should lead us to want to increase states rights/power to govern. What is right for NYC is likely not right for Appalachia.
    This absolutely, positively could lead to another tech boom, we agree there:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I dont know if you are all pissed at me...or whatever for having a different perspective on certain elements of society...

But I agree with literally everything you both have posted here. I've wanted these things for A LONG time.

I'm staunchly on the "shrink the federal gubberment" side. Let Maryland govern Marylanders the way that Marylanders want to be governed. And, even more granular, let Garrett County govern Garret County the way those residents want to be governed...let Baltimore City govern the way Baltimore City residents want to be governed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, I dont know if you are all pissed at me...or whatever for having a different perspective on certain elements of society...

But I agree with literally everything you both have posted here. I've wanted these things for A LONG time.

I'm staunchly on the "shrink the federal gubberment" side. Let Maryland govern Marylanders the way that Marylanders want to be governed. And, even more granular, let Garrett County govern Garret County the way those residents want to be governed...let Baltimore City govern the way Baltimore City residents want to be governed.
    Nope not one bit Wicked. We don’t always agree but I can always find common ground or at least a rational debate on where we differ. And often times we do agree: I don’t think either of us staunchly follows a specific party’s platform so it’s bound to happen.

Small federal government with larger state rights/powers would be my number one voting issue, perhaps 1b behind the handling of the economy to lead closer to unchecked capitalism(not the crony capitalism we have now).

I would absolutely vote for a Democrat that I truly thought would adhere to a platform as such.

Blog Entries

I am an independent voter, I voted for Bush twice, Obama twice, and skipped the last election as I felt nothing for either candidate, actually, I hate Hillary Clinton. Anyway as Covid-19 goes, I disagree with a lot of the measures and find that many orders in my opinion violate my Constitutional rights.

All that being said, I get on board with everybody else, wear masks etc. I may not like it, but again, like paying taxes which I don’t like, I still do it. It is kind of like being on a jury, 11-1, you eventually come around and go with the group.

Why I don’t argue statistics etc, what other countries are doing, who to blame. Fact is decisions have been made and for the greater good you be an adult, mask up, and wait it out to bitch later how you were right or wrong.

The sad part is the people catching feelings or getting so pissed off at one another on here that you lose friends over it. I get it is passionate issue, life and death for some. Amid this crisis, this is a lot of us and our only outlet. A place to vent your feelings and frustrations. What goes sour is when people decide to shut you down or insult you because they cannot convince you their argument is correct. This happened to me, a longtime friend on here decided I was worth being in their view and put me on ignore. Nothing productive comes out of that behavior.

Stay strong my friends.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 07-28-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am an independent voter, I voted for Bush twice, Obama twice, and skipped the last election as I felt nothing for either candidate, actually, I hate Hillary Clinton. Anyway as Covid-19 goes, I disagree with a lot of the measures and find that many orders in my opinion violate my Constitutional rights.

All that being said, I get on board with everybody else, wear masks etc. I may not like it, but again, like paying taxes which I don’t like, I still do it. It is kind of like being on a jury, 11-1, you eventually come around and go with the group.

Why I don’t argue statistics etc, what other countries are doing, who to blame. Fact is decisions have been made and for the greater good you be an adult, mask up, and wait it out to bitch later how you were right or wrong.

The sad part is the people catching feelings or getting so pissed off at one another on here that you lose friends over it. I get it is passionate issue, life and death for some. Amid this crisis, this is a lot of us and our only outlet. A place to vent your feelings and frustrations. What goes sour is when people decide to shut you down or insult you because they cannot convince you their argument is correct. This happened to me, a longtime friend on here decided I was worth being in their view and put me on ignore. Nothing productive comes out of that behavior.

Stay strong my friends.
    Sorry that happened captain, and I can agree with you that it is too bad and doesn’t need to happen.

This is a difficult issue, but we can all discuss it like adults.

Blog Entries

Nope not one bit Wicked. We don’t always agree but I can always find common ground or at least a rational debate on where we differ. And often times we do agree: I don’t think either of us staunchly follows a specific party’s platform so it’s bound to happen.

Small federal government with larger state rights/powers would be my number one voting issue, perhaps 1b behind the handling of the economy to lead closer to unchecked capitalism(not the crony capitalism we have now).

I would absolutely vote for a Democrat that I truly thought would adhere to a platform as such.

If the right candidate were a Democrat, then I would certainly consider casting a vote for them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

6. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Stay strong my friends.
    Very well put.

Large parts of Australia have none- he is referring to people right? Because basically everyone lives from about 1 to 5 on the clock face with another chunk around 9/10, all within about 100 miles of the coast. Most of Australia has little to no perceptible population.

I don’t give a flying toss about deserts. It’s the cities and actual farming/mining country that counts. Melbourne and Sydney have an outbreak, the other cities and states got their numbers down to zero. All the other states have closed their borders to Melbourne & Sydney people.
    100,000+ Chinese students study in Australia each year, probably the same number from India subcontinent study there too. Their economies run on tourism, mining and educating people from Asia.

Super expensive to get there. Employees are expensive there too, I have 2 there (minimum wage is fkn high). They troll me something shocking. They bought replica AK47 and put up some confederate flags this week for our zoom chat. They said they wanted to make me feel more at home talking with them.

Australia, I think are on the right track. They took over many aged care facilities this week, as the centres weren’t following Covid guidelines. Staff were replaced with hospital nurses. Kind of crazy in some ways but I actually think they will eliminate the virus.

BearArms. How are you doing?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Wow, we're open again. For a moment there I thought I was in Guangzhou. Oh thank you my Yankee Doodle Dandee, censoring, freedom hating, anti-american, jackhole, fasicst, Orewellian moderator overlords...
    You should check out the thread on the main page about the politics forum. Lol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Maryland's numbers seem to be trending downward again. It's a potential sign that the lesser surge was due to the combination of protests and 4th of July gatherings. Governor Hogan has stated that some of the increase in numbers has been from increased testing. The Case Positivity rate for the state remains just under 5%. There are only three areas where it's slightly above 5%. Baltimore City is one of them. One of the reasons is neighborhoods like Canton and Federal Hill, who went buck wild when the bars reopened. Which, played a role in the closing of indoor dining for the City altogether. Canton is currently a hot spot and I've heard from people that mask wearing has been an issue in those areas. Particular, at the Canton Merritt. Merritt eventually sent out an email with updated mask policy that will be more heavily enforced.

All in all, Maryland looks like it's doing okay.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Sturgis started this weekend. The media will be all over that.

The "surge" as represented by the actual statistics for the Maryland Dept of Health

https://twitter.com/MDHealthDept/sta...325768/photo/1