Page 1 of 742 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - coronavirus

How is everyone making it and have you made drastic changes?

Sporting events are starting to announce games with no fans. My company like many has halted all non essential travel.

March Madness, NBA, MLB, NHL with empty stadiums?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: OT - coronavirus

Not downplaying it, but it's getting so overblown. Work is preparing for us to work from home, and food trucks are being banned from coming on site. Have plans to go to Annapolis for a few days, and currently I'm saying fuck it, it's on. And I'm high risk...

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Not downplaying it, but it's getting so overblown. Work is preparing for us to work from home, and food trucks are being banned from coming on site. Have plans to go to Annapolis for a few days, and currently I'm saying fuck it, it's on. And I'm high risk...
    I agree.

I'm just sitting here with a glass of wine watching my investment portfolio go up in smoke.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I agree.

I'm just sitting here with a glass of wine watching my investment portfolio go up in smoke.
    No shit! I didn't want to retire anyhow...

Blog Entries

I agree.

That’s me too.

Have a trip to Cozumel planned for April. For now keeping it

Blog Entries

NBA suspends season

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    NBA suspends season
    Because Rudy Gobert tested positive

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Millions of people are going to die if we don’t make drastic changes (3.5% fatality fucking adds up) but sure it’s overblown

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Millions of people are going to die if we don’t make drastic changes (3.5% fatality fucking adds up) but sure it’s overblown
    You have no idea what the mortality rate is. Nobody does. There could be several hundred thousand walking around with what they think is a bad cold.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It isn’t overblown. It is a pandemic.

If you think it’s overblown you don’t understand the implications of a novel, dangerous, and easily transmissible pathogen into an immunologically naive population in the era of jet travel.

Even conservative fatality rate estimates are far above influenza, and the severity of illness it’s generating in healthy people without other illnesses is significant.

This is a serious respiratory illness in the SARS category (the virus’ actual name is SARS-CoV2, the illness it causes is Covid-19).

If you don’t believe any of that, if you think this is “just the flu” and it’s overblown... well, flu season puts significant strain on the US health system. Covid-19 isn’t being substituted in for the flu. It’s additive. So a system already operating at close to maximal capacity with healthcare-workers getting sick now has to find dozens, hundreds, thousands of beds for patients with severe bilateral interstitial pneumonia from coronavirus? How many ventilators does your local hospital have?

We are way behind the 8-ball. Only today they’re suspending sporting events and sending college kids home. Only today travel is being restricted. Way way way late.

Look at China. Screening tens of thousands of people. Quarantining an entire city of 12 million people. Building entire new hospitals to deal with the sick. Now their epidemic is waning because of how fiercely aggressively they’re “social distancing.” Korea has flattened the curve through aggressive screening protocols.

Now look at Italy. Or Iran. I’m serious, go read about it. Read about what’s happening to a healthcare system that’s overwhelmed.

If we can “flatten the curve” and slow down transmission enough to keep from getting overwhelmed, we have a chance. Otherwise if we don’t take the right steps, when the dust settles and the pandemic is over, pretty much everyone in America will personally know someone (or know OF someone) who got severely sick or died from Covid-19.

Vaccines and treatment regimens are in the pipeline. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. But I think the time to really get serious about this was more than a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do people mean when they say it's "overblown"?

No, it doesn't have the mortality rate that pandemics like the Spanish Flu or Black plague had back in the day...from what I've heard/read, if you are pretty healthy, you likely won't feel anything worse than what you would from the regular flu (plus respiratory issues)...but what will happen IMHO is this will absolutely overwhelm and expose our shitty healthcare system for the joke that it is. That and trade...our port as well as others around the country have been having to cut ours and shut down...unheard of considering how important our shipping terminals are to the worlds economy. And that will have a major impact on day to day life.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.