Page 707 of 742 FirstFirst ... 705706707708709 ... LastLast
Results 8,473 to 8,484 of 8900
  1. Re: OT - coronavirus

Do any of them have underlying conditions? Im sure a person as enlightened as you realizes that just under 40% of the population does have underlying conditions.

I also feel certain that a person as enlightened as you are aware that back in February and March there was not nearly as much known about the virus as there is today. As for the long term effects we still have almost no real data to say if this bug could have lasting effects. Despite that states are well on their way to reopening, or in some cases completely reopened with nothing more than directives to socially distance, mask when unable to distance, and practice good personal hygiene. Unfortunately, due to the piss poor and often times conflicting messaging coming from our leaders many people dont know who or what to believe.

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Another example of the scam we are living in.

Two weeks ago, my sons friends brother tested positive for covid. He has a running nose for a day. The mom, dad and brother were tested. Parents negative, brother positive. No symptoms.
    My son hangs with this kid. They were all over town. In the car, playing sports and hanging out for days. 5 of them got tested. 2 tested positive. There other three negative. None of these 5 have symptoms.

So a virus that is extremely contagious and deadly, Only managed to infect four of 10 friends. And of those three, two had runny nose for 24hrs. None of the parents got it. We are talking about 10 kids, 20 adults, and siblings. And only 4 tested positive.

How much longer will this country out up with this scam? Or will a majority of them be happy unemployed, wearing masks, and not attending large gatherings for the foreseeing future?
    Again, is the whole world in on this scam?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If there's money on the war on drugs or in war itself then there's money on the covid. Its control. Look at the shit we're actually doing. We're like rats in a damn experiment.

The whole world does irrational things on occasion.... it isn't uncommon.

Sometimes based on sentiment... sometimes on disinformation... sometimes fear... sometimes greed.

It's looking increasingly likely that the doom projections of "experts" with respect to this particular strain of coronavirus will go unrealized. I personally consider that a good thing.

Those projections will go unrealized not because the virus wasn't a danger under certain conditions. It was dangerous... with densely packed people rebreathing each others' exhalations under the right atmospheric conditions. And once people figured out that keeping a little distance and/or wearing a mask was really all that was necessary to prevent contagion... it sort of took care of itself.

But while that was going on.... all manner of TV talking heads.. and bureaucrats... and health "experts"... and political flunkies... basically society's useless eaters... discovered they could wield great power and influence by pretending to have some idea what was going on (they didn't).... and pretending to have some idea how to influence events (they don't)

So those people, having grown accustomed to wielding this power, and influence, and enjoying the attention and notoriety... are loathe to accept the idea that it's coming to an end... that the "doomsday" predictions that handed them their fame and power didn't happen... and that now... they will lose their spotlight... and worse yet... the opportunity to control people's lives.

You've seen these idiots before... They're the same people that 40 years ago told you another Ice Age was imminent, and that we had to prepare...

They're the same idiots that told you a decade ago, that we'd all be under water by now because of "climate change", unless we ceded authority to them, and allowed them to loot us for "carbon credits".

After awhile though...people figure out that it's just another "expert"... and they roll their eyes and go about their lives.
    Last edited by owknows; 09-27-2020 at 11:14 AM.

5. Re: OT - coronavirus

In on it? Or falling for it?

Very little has come to fruition from early dire predictions. If we would have known then, what we know now, I doubt most countries would have self destructed.

6. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    In on it? Or falling for it?

Very little has come to fruition from early dire predictions. If we would have known then, what we know now, I doubt most countries would have self destructed.

Yes, but we didnt know for sure then did we? I feel certain that if it were not for the asymptomatic component of this virus we would never have gone to the extremes we did. It kind of reminds me how my community reacted to hurricane Charlie in 04. We get alot of hurricanes that put us in the cone of probability that ultimately shift and make landfall elsewhere. Hurricane Charlie was supposed to be a low category 2 (no problem considering our building codes) that was supposed to miss us by 100 miles. Well, as it came off Cuba 3 things happened. Winds shifted, it missed the mountains by a few miles in Cuba, and it hit a patch of warmer water as it the winds picked it up. The end result was devastating. Since the shift in track came only a coupe hours before impact there was no time to evacuate. We were hit with a strong cat 4 that literaly blew apart concrete buildings. I went weeks without power or water. My neighbor, not having time to anchor all his outside belongings had his boat and trailer lifted over the roof of his house and deposited in his swimming pool. Had our building codes not been so stringent, and the hurricane not been moving so fast (20+mph) we would have had a full fledged catastrophe because many, many people failed to prepare for the possibility of a landfall.

My point is that with asymptomatic transmission we had no clue as to how severe this virus could be and how widespread it could become. The lock down was supposed to buy us time to gather info on the virus, establish supply chains for PPE, and prevent a possible overwhelming of the medical system. As more has become known about the virus we have reached a point where the biggest issue we now have is trust. Piss poor/contradictory (not updating but flat out contradictory) messaging and a shortage of straight talk from our leaders has resulted in a crisis of confidence.
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 09-27-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    58% of the people dead aren’t in Nursing Homes or Assisted living facilities.
    So, of the 200,000 that have died so far, 116,000 have been outside Aged Care & assisted Living. ~7,000,000 infections has killed 116,000 which is a death rate of 1.65%.

Without restrictions, the virus would have spread to ~60% of the population by now & herd immunity would have potentially been achieved.
    328,000,000 x 60% x 1.65% = 3,247,000

Want to check the math?
    What makes you make up the 60% number of people would have contracted it? Who’s fabricated idea is that that you are taking as fact?

7 million positive test results, not infections either. We have no real idea how many people have been infected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Yes, but we didnt know for sure then did we? I feel certain that if it were not for the asymptomatic component of this virus we would never have gone to the extremes we did. It kind of reminds me how my community reacted to hurricane Charlie in 04. We get alot of hurricanes that put us in the cone of probability that ultimately shift and make landfall elsewhere. Hurricane Charlie was supposed to be a low category 2 (no problem considering our building codes) that was supposed to miss us by 100 miles. Well, as it came off Cuba 3 things happened. Winds shifted, it missed the mountains by a few miles in Cuba, and it hit a patch of warmer water as it the winds picked it up. The end result was devastating. Since the shift in track came only a coupe hours before impact there was no time to evacuate. We were hit with a strong cat 4 that literaly blew apart concrete buildings. I went weeks without power or water. My neighbor, not having time to anchor all his outside belongings had his boat and trailer lifted over the roof of his house and deposited in his swimming pool. Had our building codes not been so stringent, and the hurricane not been moving so fast (20+mph) we would have had a full fledged catastrophe because many, many people failed to prepare for the possibility of a landfall.

My point is that with asymptomatic transmission we had no clue as to how severe this virus could be and how widespread it could become. The lock down was supposed to buy us time to gather info on the virus, establish supply chains for PPE, and prevent a possible overwhelming of the medical system. As more has become known about the virus we have reached a point where the biggest issue we now have is trust. Piss poor/contradictory (not updating but flat out contradictory) messaging and a shortage of straight talk from our leaders has resulted in a crisis of confidence.
    Two weeks to flatten the curve
    You don’t need masks, they will do little to nothing

Yeah, I’d say trust in our leaders is lacking. Pour medical experts have been about as successful with their predictions as the average meteorologists, but still they are surprised we don’t drop everything to heed every warning.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Yeah, I’d say trust in our leaders is lacking. Pour medical experts have been about as successful with their predictions as the average meteorologists, but still they are surprised we don’t drop everything to heed every warning.

And they get to keep their job.

10. Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

I believe they did say 30 days. The curve did flatten, and masks have been shown to work. Thats the thing about a novel virus. Some things are educated guesses until there is data for people of science to use. Shame the scientists didnt just say at the beginning, people need to mask, but at this time we have a shortage of masks and the priority has to be healthcare providers and first responders. Thank goodness they didnt call it a hoax, blame unpreparedness on someone who hadnt been around for years, and then bring in talk show hosts, demon seed doctors, and pillow salesmen to back them up.

Latest CDC numbers are in

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES:
    Ages 0-19: 99.997%
    Ages 20-49: 99.98%
    Ages 50-69: 99.5%
    Ages 70+: 94.6%

That's uhmmm... that's equal to the flu if you're under 50. I've mostly stayed out of this thread because people are flat out retarded, but this should wrap it up nicely.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Latest CDC numbers are in

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES:
    Ages 0-19: 99.997%
    Ages 20-49: 99.98%
    Ages 50-69: 99.5%
    Ages 70+: 94.6%

That's uhmmm... that's equal to the flu if you're under 50. I've mostly stayed out of this thread because people are flat out retarded, but this should wrap it up nicely.
    What's really very dangerous about continuing to overstate the problem and maintain draconian mandates.. is that people eventually figure out the authorities are full of shit.

And if they should ever need to people to respond to something of Spanish Flu proportions or worse... they will have been conditioned to disregard warnings.